Author Topic: Montage Question  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Montage Question
« on: December 16, 2003, 12:52:47 AM »
Do you oh wise Mysterious Benefactor, have the ability to have the montage with moving stuff (a small part from a DS ep)?

Patti

Also...can I be logged on at my home IP and at work at the same time?
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Montage Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:30:25 AM »
Do you oh wise Mysterious Benefactor, have the ability to have the montage with moving stuff (a small part from a DS ep)?

Yes. But things like that not only use a lot of bandwidth, they can take forever to download for people who connect to the Internet with dial-up accounts. I may do something like that a some point in the future, but not in the foreseeable future...

Also...can I be logged on at my home IP and at work at the same time?

If you mean can you be connected to the same Internet account from two different locations (i.e your husband is connected to it at your house and you're connected at work), I doubt it. Most if not all ISPs prevent their clients from being able to do such things. If you try to log in when someone else is already using it, you'll usually receive an error that says the account is already in use.

The one exception *might* be if, say, your husband was connected to your account through your home DSL connection and you were to connect to it through a dial-up number. Those would be two totally different types of connections (DSL vs. SLIP/PPP). But still, it would be the same account, so even that probably isn't an option at most ISPs...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 01:58:00 AM »
I wasn't clear; I meant logged on to here.
I have it so I'm always on at home; when I go to work, I occassionally log in; so, aren't I technically logged on to dsboards.com from 2 different ISP but w/same log-in and password?

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 02:28:43 AM »
Oh, well - that's different.  ;)  You can be logged in to the forum through an infinite amount of connections at the same time.

For example, I could be logged in on my home PC using Netscape, Mozilla, Opera and any number of other browsers all at the same time, and I could go to work and log in all over again in those same browsers there. I could even be logged in multiple times with the same browser. However, so far as the forum's system would be concerned, no matter how many separate connections to the forum someone may make, they're still only connected once. In other words, your name would only appear once in the cousins online list - the list wouldn't be something like:

Patti, Mysterious Benefactor, Patti, Midnite, dom, Patti

but rather:

Patti, Mysterious Benefactor, Midnite, dom

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 03:03:57 AM »
I thought you couldn't access the boards using Mozilla; that's why I haven't really bothered into really seeing about uploading it....has this changed????

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 03:37:07 PM »
Yes.  :)