Author Topic: See a super-creepy 'Penny Dreadful' trailer  (Read 9249 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: See a super-creepy 'Penny Dreadful' trailer
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
Well, MB, I promise that the closing minutes of last week's episode will leave you with even more questions about Ethan.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
I still haven't gotten the chance to watch - but now I really have to watch it today so that I can also watch tonight's finale!!  [ghost_wink]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2014, 02:04:22 AM »
I promise that the closing minutes of last week's episode will leave you with even more questions about Ethan.

Yes, very interesting. And who knows what's up with those two guys in the previews who are after him? But soon we shall see...

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:58 PM »
I found the finale powerful and moving!  I'll be very happy to revisit these characters next season.  I love this show.

[spoiler]It was really heart-warming seeing Malcolm make the right decision to save Vanessa.  Of course if his affair with Vanessa's mother went on for that long, she could be his biological daughter, but it's much more powerful that all of these characters choose to make their own family out of one another.  I hope they did get to have a Christmas party...

I saw it coming from last week that Ethan's consumptive lover was going to become the immortal mate after she died.  I love Victor's scenes, and how his actions in this episode were initially based on compassion (something the book Dr. never expressed for the creature) even though this won't really turn out well for anyone. 

I'm glad that Ethan didn't turn during the battle against the vampires, as that would have been totally classless.  [/spoiler]
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »
Great finale. I'm hoping for a new cast and story next season. Why muck this up with a sequel?