Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0637  (Read 886 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0637
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
Robservations #637

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0637

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
Jeff paces back and forth in the drawing room at Collinwood, smoking a cigarette that’s anachronistic for Peter Bradford and certainly harmful to Roger Davis. Vicki (wearing a bright green and, naturally, sleeveless dress) returns to tell him that Mrs. Stoddard will be down in a moment. The thunderstorm outside reminds Jeff/Peter of the night that Vicki was hanged.

Vicki tells him, Earlier this evening, Roger went to the police and told them you couldn't possibly have killed Eve, because you and he were together at the time, at Eagle Hill Cemetery. Roger didn't say what you were doing, but your innocence has been established. Once again, the word of a Collins provides an unshakable alibi.

Vicki wants Elizabeth to be her matron of honor, and Elizabeth is glad to do it. I can’t tell you what this means to me, Vicki says gratefully. Elizabeth assures her, As long as I know you believe in it, I'll do whatever you want, and no thanks are necessary. The clock chimes three a.m. as she goes upstairs. There will be no Collinwood wedding for Victoria Winters. Perhaps inadvertently, the JP has Jeff promise to “obey” Vicki, but not the other way around. In their room at the Collins Port Inn, Vicki and Jeff drink champagne even as the thunder continues to rumble outside, making Jeff nervous. The camera pans away discreetly as the happy pair embark on a night of lawfully wedded bliss.

Meanwhile, Julia and Barnabas wonder where Adam is. He couldn't have gotten far with a bullet in his back, Julia says. [Wait--wasn’t it his shoulder?] They assume Adam is still alive because so far Barn hasn't gotten any vampiric urges. They decide to try to find Angelique's hiding place--no small task because Barn was never there--but finally he remembers an old crypt. (Is there any other kind?)  Elizabeth joins them, but she looks depressed. Surprised to see her, they ask if everything is all right. I don't know if anything is all right anymore, she sighs. I left Vicki in town with Jeff--they were married about an hour ago. Julia’s eyes widen. Barnabas looks stunned, perhaps feeling as if a stake has been driven through his own heart.

At six a.m., Julia comes downstairs to the drawing room, looking refreshed despite what must have been a nearly sleepless night. Barn looks like ten miles of bad road. Julia sympathizes with him over Vicki's marriage. Why did she do it? Barnabas asks sadly. Why did she marry _him_? Because she loves him, Julia explains gently, as if speaking to a hurt or disappointed child. She reminds Barnabas, You’ve known it for a long time. I never really believed it, Barnabas admits. Vicki told you so herself, and you will have to accept it now, Julia replies. You know that, don’t you? Yes, I’ll accept it, Barnabas sighs, and pray she’ll be happy with him.To distract him and probably herself, Julia suggests finding and staking Angelique.

But when they get to the crypt, there's nothing to see. Nicholas's magic mirror is now just a shattered, powerless collection of glass shards. Barn is sure that sooner or later, Angelique will return.

Vicki gives Jeff a watch as a wedding gift--a strange choice. She looks at him uneasily as he reminisces about how evil Trask was and how the jurors wouldn't listen. [And no wonder--it wasn’t a jury trial.] As he is drawn back to the past, Vicki dials Professor Stokes. But even as she does, Peter disappears....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:20:44 AM »
To distract him and probably herself, Julia suggests finding and staking Angelique.

fabulous, in or out of context

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
You know what they say about idle minds!  [snow_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 04:58:21 AM »
No Durkin-as-Vicki announcement anymore.   Thomas Spratley:  Justice of Peace.  Wedding.   Ang is gone; we never find out about the mirror.   I suppose Beelzebub snatched her back, and doesn't like to leave his tools aroumd for mortals to play with.

DL:  I think the JoP could tell who ought to be obeying whom... "Barn looks like ten miles of bad road."  Chuckle, not sure I've ever heard that one before.   Yes, not a jury trial... Dom/DL--  Staking an old flame as a distraction from your troubles... yes only on DS...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »
I think the JoP could tell who ought to be obeying whom...

[snow_laugh]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:54:32 AM »
The on and off again marriage is once again on and Vickie will marry a corpse.  Elizabeth witnesses the wedding and though i detest Roger Davis, I wish Alexandra had stayed to marry him.  And all that Julia find of Angelique is the empty coffin and broken mirror and nobody knows what happened to her as her reward for telling on Nick. Jeff disappears to the past and I do like this as a story point.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
The on and off again marriage is once again on and Vickie will marry a corpse.

LOL.  So you're going with Jeff's own theory that he's a dead man...  I just can't buy that Clark and Bradford really are the same.  I mean, the guy who was so besotten that he shattered the laws of time and reality to project himself after death to 1968 as a breathing, living human-- that incurable, indeed unkillable total romantic-- is NOT the guy who frets and barks people's heads off and has no imagination, Jeff Clark.  Clark, when presented with Bradford's-- his OWN-- megaromantic feat of all time, doesn't jump for joy, doesn't think, omg, I rock, I did it, love triumphs over all, let's have an ecstatic blowout of a wedding now!!!!!  What's he do instead? Oh no, it's unnatural, I should be dead, this weirds me out man.... Jeff Clark doesn't deserve Peter Bradford's miracle.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor