Author Topic: Angie's logic?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Angie's logic?
« on: October 23, 2003, 09:42:47 PM »
With Roxanne and soon [spoiler]Julia[/spoiler]  Angie puts those Barnabas cares for the most at risk of becoming vampires. . . she's trying to damn both Roxanne and [spoiler]Julia[/spoiler] to his fate which she somehow thinks will what-- make Barn hate them?  Wouldn't Barn be drawn closer to Roxanne when they could walk the night together and wouldn't Barn stay with  [spoiler]Julia[/spoiler] until the end of time out of pure guilt?  I don't see how Angie's mind is working here?? Someone please explain what she's up to and why. . .

p.s. is this part of Which Witch that my pronouns are all messed up in this frickin' message?
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Angie's logic?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 09:55:02 PM »
is this part of Which Witch that my pronouns are all messed up in this frickin' message?

[supergrin]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 04:10:24 PM »
Darling, I suggest that it is ill-advised to use the word "logic" in any sentence involving Mrs. Barnabas Collins (nee Bouchard).

In all fairness, I think the character of Angelique is really badly handled in the 1840 storyline.  The character's current out-of-control spree abruptly turns into something else halfway through the story, and the writers do not manage to make the transition at all plausible, at least not for this viewer... I am sure there are others with different opinions, and that's the beauty of fandom...

cheers, Steve

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 08:40:45 PM »
Steve, I'm with you on this one.  The upcoming change Mrs. 'Valerie' Collins goes thru is a doozy, and not very believable.

Julia99, I was thinking the same thing.  What the heck is Angelique about with this?  It's like okay, her vampire 'husband' is cheating on her, and hates her guts.  So in order to hold on to him (or get back at him?), she threatens to turn his little girlfriend into a vampire too.  Yeah, that'll fix him!  Then he won't have any excuse for staying away from Roxanne - they can be together for all eternity.  And last time I checked, Barn kicked her @$$ for turning him into a vampire.  What makes her think that Ms. Drew will do any less?

You'd think she'd threaten to kill Roxanne by some other means, or at least cast a spell on Roxanne that would cause her to be grossed out by Barnabas or something!  Even if Angie threatened to expose Roxanne as a vampire after she rose; that might make some sense.

What were the writers smoking when they came up with this brilliant plot twist?
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 10:58:59 PM »
[spoiler]And then the one thing that would be vengeful .  ..allowing Julia to destroy Roxanne and ensuring R doesn't rise and Barney is alone alone alone. .  Angie thwarts that too. .thereby setting the stage for some off-screen girl on girl action . . .[/spoiler] ::)  Interesting that we never saw Rox biting Maggie nor do we see Rox biting [spoiler]her newest victim. . we'll just see Julia wasting away on a chaize lounge with Bruno trying to steal her jewelry . .[/spoiler]
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 04:57:17 AM »
i don't know J99 maybe she thought that Barnabas only likes
silly little SYTs and would be grossed out by Roxanne as a vamp
and as Steve said logic and Angie don't go together!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 10:28:14 PM »
True enough folks but if Julia became a vampire. . and if Angie was upset by their current devotion. .  .didn't she know, as i said, out of guilt at least, Barnabas would become more devoted to Julia.  Well, if she stuck around.  .she might just get so pissed, she'd fly off after he showed her the vampiric ropes. . .
Julia99

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 07:47:12 PM »
Actually when Barnabas first sees Angelique, he should have been warmer to her as they have mellowed a lot to each other the past year.  His last meeting with her was during Leviathan when they were on the same side.  He should not have been upset when she appeared.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 09:23:15 PM »
oh contrare. . he knows she remembers nothing of it and is the same manipulative thing who turned him into what he is rather than the **changed** Mrs. Sky Rumson ..
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 09:27:55 PM »
But none of that has happened yet.....this Angelique hasn't lived that long....doesn't know anything about the future...and doesn't seem to give a hoot, either.

THIS Angelique is the foot-stamping petulant one who seems never to have been taught that making a man hate you is usually not a successful way to make him love you.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 11:18:33 PM »
  I agree with a lot of what you all are saying about the poor logic in Angelique's motivations. I was pondering the same issues last night. Likewise, its kind of flimsy that Barnabas would be dead set to stake Roxanne. He and she could just go away together. What good does Julia becoming undead do at all? Maybe she could even cure herself. After all, she did a pretty good temp job with Judah. Anyway, to add more illogic, why is Valerie/Angelique/Miranda/Cleopatra/Aunt Clara/etc so fascinated about being alive in the future? I mean, we have just established not only has she been around since 1795/1796/1797, but she was around in 1692. Now that's already more than 148 years she's been around. Why become so fascinated she would be around another 130?  ::)
    I also completely agree the Barnabas at the end of the Leviathan story was at an emotional truce with Angelique. I suppose we are to forget that/figure he's really, really smitten with Roxanne. Maybe its the lingering effects of the I Ching. He's always been a bit fickle. Nonetheless, I actually am quite fond of this story in the long run.
   One day, mark my words, I WILL have Gerard's black suit for Halloween!  >:D

CyrusL aka Michael

Your cousin from Virginia
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 11:42:17 PM »
Welcome, CyrusL !!!

Best Wishes,

Cassandra Blair

- cousin from Georgia
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 11:51:06 PM »
to add more illogic, why is Valerie/Angelique/Miranda/Cleopatra/Aunt Clara/etc so fascinated about being alive in the future? I mean, we have just established not only has she been around since 1795/1796/1797, but she was around in 1692. Now that's already more than 148 years she's been around. Why become so fascinated she would be around another 130?  ::)

LOL, good point!

I think we do have to assume that she's been around that long since it was never once stated that Angelique was a reincarnation of Miranda.  But that being so, how could Natalie have said in 1795 that she had known Angelique "since she was an uninteresting child"?  And, if Angelique is Miranda, with all those powers given to her by Judah in 1692, isn't it exceedingly illogical that girlfriend would still be working as a maid more than 100 years later?

Switching reels, CyrusL, were you the fan at the DS Tribute in Hollywood that said you incorporated some DS music into your wedding, to which Cobert joked about not getting any royalties?  It was a very cute exchange.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 07:54:19 PM »
from IronBitch        Switching reels, CyrusL, were you the fan at the DS Tribute in Hollywood that said you incorporated some DS music into your wedding, to which Cobert joked about not getting any royalties?  It was a very cute exchange.                                                               

8)  Yes, you have me. That was me. As I stated, my wife and I met at the 1998 DS convention in Las Vegas. We will celebrate our 3 anniversary next week.  ;D

BTW, I also consider myself lucky in that I got to meet Lela Swift at that show. She is one of the most unsung heroes of DS and to my knowledge either has never or not in a long time attended a DS convention.

CyrusL aka Michael

A Cousin from Virginia

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 08:09:09 PM »
BTW, just to clarify, what I meant by "As I stated.." is that you hear me say this on the video. Likewise, considering how much fun all us DSers had in Vegas, I was the luckiest winner on that trip, as I won not cash but a heart.

CyrusL aka Michael

A Cousin from Virginia