Author Topic: HEAD OVERBOARD !!!  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
HEAD OVERBOARD !!!
« on: October 24, 2003, 10:50:06 PM »
Hello, gang wow what a stunt Gerard tried to
pull today when Judah was thrown into the
sea!!!   ' You could say Head over heels"???

( Or usually the saying goes I'm head over heels
in love"????    )   
                             ( Anne leads a sheltered life
                 she nees more of The Q-man)!!!

Love Anne :-* :o

"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re:HEAD OVERBOARD !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 11:55:30 PM »
Annie,

I think that Gerard would have been far better off if he had  thrown that slimeball-pettifogger, Charles Dawson, off of the top of Widow's Hill instead!

Bob the Bartender

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 07:18:55 AM »
For an instant, when Gerard caught Carrie, I thought he was going to fling her over the edge next (an act that would have devastated many viewers, I'm sure.)

ProfStokes

Offline grayson67

• Junior Poster
  • I must come up with something creative to put here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 03:24:35 PM »
For an instant, when Gerard caught Carrie, I thought he was going to fling her over the edge next (an act that would have devastated many viewers, I'm sure.)

[lghb] [lghg] [lghb] [lghg] [lghb] [lghg]
Yes, that would have been a sad day for many!!

grayson67 (Melissa)

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 09:23:04 PM »
Hey gang,

You know, we've (regretably) seen a good number of Dark Shadows characters take that last dive/leap (intentionally or otherwise) off of Widow's Hill over the years.

Heck, there have been so many memorable "swan dives" off of Widow's Hill: Adam's frantic bid to escape the police, the unseen, "assisted" dive (courtesy of Matthew Morgan) of Mr. Bill Malloy (the only person in Collinsport, ME with an actual "Down-East' accent!), and Jeb Hawks' "nose dive" off of Widow's Hill, courtesy of that "noted" Member of Mensa, industrialist Schuyler Rumson!  (You know, I actually enjoyed seeing "Mr. Carolyn Stoddard" take that last dive/leap off of the cliff!)

However, there are two specific dives, that I believe to be the two greatest dives/leaps off of Widow's Hill, bar none.  In fact, perhaps we could give these dives numerical grades (on a scale from one to ten) exactly as the judges do, at the Summer Olympics diving competiton.

My first  selection for Widow's Hill greatest dive/leap is Phillip Todd's memorable "Charge of the Leviathon Light Brigade."  Who could forget the determined look in  Phillip's eye, as he ran full-steam ahead and "Damn the torpedoes-like!," at the unsuspecting Jeb Hawks, who was standing perilously close to the edge of the cliff?

And who among us did NOT jump out of our seat, when, at the very last second, Jeb miracuously sidestepped the rampaging antiques dealer, only to hear Megan Todd's better half, let out a plaintive wail of despair as he plummeted to the waiting rocks below?!?  Heavy stuff, indeed!  That stirring dive merits an easy "9," IMHO! 

Of course, the second (and I daresay) the greatest dive/leap off of Widow's Hill has to be the heartbreaking plunge of the beautiful, kind and extremely gentle Beth Chavez in 1897.

Yes, I'm sure we all remember how the angst-ridden Beth, stood on the precipice of the cliff, not knowing if the man standing on the path in front of her, was either her beloved Quentin Collins or the body of Quentin, possessed by the diabolical and nefarious Count Petofi.  Remember when Quentin (?) shouted at Beth to come back to him, the Dark Shadows director of that heart-stopping episode (probably the very talented Lela Swift) elected to cut to a commercial as the fair Ms. Chavez teetered on the edge?

What some people don't know (as related by actress Terry "Beth Chavez" Crawford), was that she actually began to "fall" off of Widow's Hill just as the Dark Shadows technical crew, cut to the commercial.  Ms. Crawford had to perform an acrobatic, balancing act worthy of the late, great Burt Lancaster in the swashbuckling film, "The Crimson Pirate," until they came back from the commercial, with Beth teetering on the cliff, so that she could take that last dive/leap off of Widow's Hill (and onto the waiting pillows) like one of those fearless cliff divers, south of the border in Mexico!

Let me tell you, that heroic dive/leap deserves nothing less than a perfect "10"!!! Kudos to Ms. Crawford for her extraordinary performance/athletic feat!  Yes, that nifty move, IMHO, is Dark Shadows greatest dive/leap ever, nonpareil!!!

Bob the Bartender, who gets vertigo, merely by standing on the running board of a Ford Bronco.   

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 02:58:06 AM »
BtB....you 'oughta be in pictures', or on radio.

You are one funny cat!

But...I didn't know Adam difinitively went the way of Widow's (Hill that is); I thought technically we weren't sure of his whereabouts (I say this with the secret knowledge R. Rodan lives in my basement).

What ep does this purportedly take place in?

Did Roger Davis ever 'take the plunge'?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 03:34:32 AM »
About Roger Davis "taking the plunge"
I assume you mean did he ever "jump off Widow's Hill?"
Anyway, I can't resist replying:
"Peter was always hung..."
er, or is that "Peter was always hanged?"
(couldn't resist!)
 ;D
You're may be thinking of Victoria Winters, actually,
whom Jeb Hawkes chased over the hill.

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 03:55:43 AM »
BtB....you 'oughta be in pictures', or on radio.

You are one funny cat!

But...I didn't know Adam difinitively went the way of Widow's (Hill that is); I thought technically we weren't sure of his whereabouts (I say this with the secret knowledge R. Rodan lives in my basement).

What ep does this purportedly take place in?

Did Roger Davis ever 'take the plunge'?

Patti,

Thank you very much.  Lord knows I try my darndest!

Don't hold me to this exact number, but according to my Dark Shadows "cheat sheet," Adam takes his nose dive in episode number 505 after rescuing the fair Carolyn from falling off of the cliff herself.  This is long before Prof. Stokes sends the big lug off for some cosmetic surgery a la Michael Douglass and Phyliss Diller.  (I hope there was a big improvement in Adam's appearance.)

As to Jeff Clark (a/k/a Roger Davis), no , I do not believe that he ever actually fell off of Widow's Hill.  However, I have it on very good authority that Vicky Winter's main squeeze suffered an almost equally horrible fate.  Specifically, Jeff had his lustrous and perfect head of hair mussed up terribly, by the strong wind currents on Widow's Hill as Jeff and Vicky enjoyed a romantic, moonlit stroll on that very romantic spot.  As Bing Crosby used to sing:  "Moonlight becomes you" (and I'm really referring to Jeff "Mr. Wonderful" Clark and not the fair Ms. Winters!).

Bob the Bartender   

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:19:58 PM »
So Bob, what would you rate Josette's plunge?  I'd give it at least a nine.  It's one of the more memorable Widow's Hill tragedies.

[spoiler]And what of the lovely, icy, vicious Samantha Drew Collins?  Doesn't she take a header at the behest of the ghostly Joanna Mills sometime in the near future?
And wasn't Widow's Hill how Joanna met her (unseen) fate by Samantha's hand earlier in 1840?[/spoiler]
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 05:33:14 PM »
However, I have it on very good authority that Vicky Winter's main squeeze suffered an almost equally horrible fate.  Specifically, Jeff had his lustrous and perfect head of hair mussed up terribly, by the strong wind currents on Widow's Hill

ROFLMAO!!