Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0632  (Read 791 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0632
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »
Robservations #632

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0632

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:15:25 PM »
In an effort to not fall behind with the Werewolf/Quentin's Ghost storyline, I've posted some new captures/set ups on the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" board to coincide with the appropriate scenes from this ep.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »
Recently I read the portions of this episode with Amy were filmed at a different day then the rest of the episode.  Could it be they didn't want DN, due to her age, to be there at the same time the Satanic Mass was being done?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »
What an interesting thought, joey! There must be a clause about that somewhere in the child labor laws.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
Chris lets cat out of bag by thinking: "Full moon!"   Welcome Amy, legally renamed from Molly only moments before entering the room, possibly.   She's good, the actress that is.   This well done scene at Wyndcliffe (why was she in a hospital, again?)  is a sign that the 1968 goofiness is coming to an end.   I wonder who was pushing for that to happen.   Welcome back, Mr. Wells.   There's an edit right after he locks Chris into his new room.   Goodbye, Mr. Wells.   I liked that they brought back this 1966 character with the same actor, for this.

Nicholas decides to sacrifice Maggie before using her for Eve's new life force.   "The legions of the damned... SALUTE YOU..."  Very well delivered, and we actually hear those damned souls screaming, and presumably Nick had arranged ahead of time that their shreiks would be heard at this time.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 05:16:56 PM »
The scene with Chris and Amy (ex-Molly) is very well done, very natural. It's one of my favorite scenes in the series, and Denise Nickerson--WELCOME!!--is a fine performer.

Hail and farewell, Conrad Bain.

When Maggie first falls under Nicholas's spell, she's wearing a blue quilted robe. By the time she gets to his house, she has changed into a navy blue sailor dress with a big white collar. For her black mass/wedding she's in an ice-blue dress and matching chapel veil (as we used to call them). Nicholas's spells work in mysterious ways. And yes, those legions of the damned must have been listening in the whole time.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:29:57 AM »
The fishtank at Windcliff is really quite dirty but it settls down some later when they film the siblings through the tank. Maggie is really the fashion queen in this episode. A long way from episode 1
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times