Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0615  (Read 976 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0615
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »
Robservations #615

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Discuss - Ep #0615

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0615
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
Sheriff Patterson morphs for the last time!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »
Yep, Alfred Sandor is the fourth and last iteration of Sheriff George Patterson.

Julia hurries to the Old House and finds Barnabas looking not too much the worse for wear, but sporting an ascot once more (she still doesn’t get it). He claims he didn’t know a thing about the poison and adamantly refuses to let her examine him. He tries to talk her into sedating Joe to keep him from talking when she goes to the hospital. Julia says point blank, Suddenly you seem to be protecting the vampire--why? Barnabas huffs, I’m doing no such thing. Julia stalks out without another word.

Close to sunset, the sheriff arrives at the Old House and questions Barnabas, who becomes distracted when the dogs begin to howl. Eventually the sheriff gives up but promises to return. The sheriff meets Julia on her way back to the Old House. He tells her about Barnabas’s weird behavior: It was as if the dogs terrified him, or as if he was suddenly taken ill: It was as if the sound of the dogs changed him completely, the sheriff says. A hundred nagging hints suddenly coalesce into a horrible suspicion in Julia’s mind.

Angelique materializes at the Old House, furious that Barn has resisted her and that Joe is in the hospital and under guard. How dare you disobey me! she snarls, then sinks her fangs into Barn's throat.

Julia approaches the Old House. Not wanting her suspicion to be confirmed, she hesitates for a long moment before going inside, thus giving Angelique the opportunity to gloat that soon Barnabas will be with her for all eternity.

Julia enters the Old House and sees Barnabas half sitting, half lying in the chair. Don’t come near me, he says weakly. What’s wrong? she cries in alarm. Near the end of his strength, he can pretend no longer. Nothing, he sighs, nothing you can do anything about. As his head sags to one side, she hurries over to him. She undoes the scarf around his neck. One look confirms all her worst fears. She gasps in horror at the dripping wounds on his throat. Barnabas! she cries. Oh, Barnabas!...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
There's a new sheriff in town... and he loves that teleprompter!   I thought this was Patterson #3, and that we had many more still to go.   This one can't last long.  Are we then sheriff-free until Davenport?

We don't find out until the next episode, but it's fun to ponder the fictional fact that while Ang is vamping over Barnabas, during this whole scene, Willie is hanging out in that room behind the fireplace.   I won't rest until I know what that room is, what it's for, what people do in it.   It has excellent soundproofing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »
I seem to remember a long gap until Sheriff Davenport arrives. But I'm not sure.

Do we know that Willie was in the room behind the fireplace the whole time? He could have been cleaning Josette's room or something. In the next episode [spoiler]he seems just as shocked as Julia when she discovers the truth.[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »
Well, I suppose that room might connect with other places in the house without his having to go through the drawing room first.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Sheriff Davenport doesn't arrive until over a year after this episode.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:54:50 AM »
 Not digging the new Patterson. Julia finds the marks.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times