Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0612  (Read 810 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0612
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »
Robservations #612

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0612

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
So Joe feels it when Ang summons someone else... only if he's next to the summonee?   Angelique really just wants revenge at this point.  I guess.   a relaxed. real-seeming opening scene, with Barnajulia over Joe, in Josette's room...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:11:37 PM »
I remember the opening scene as being very realistic, given the topic of conversation. Julia tells Barnabas, You know what will happen when Joe hears the vampire’s call. Yes, I know only too well, replies Barnabas in an understatement of ambiguity.

I like the cross-cutting (I think that's the term) in this episode between Barnabas and Julia, Barnabas, Julia, Harry, and Angelique. It could have been really complicated, but the writing and editing are really very good.

Angelique meets Barnabas in the woods after amusing herself for a moment by watching him call to her. She is angry that he didn’t kill Joe as she had commanded. He pleads that he couldn’t bring himself to do it, but to no avail. Angelique takes great pleasure in ordering him to kill Joe tonight. She explains, I want you to be responsible for it and have the guilt on your conscience for all eternity. (If she knew how Joe’s death would fit right in with Nicholas’s plans, she probably would not be so insistent.) Barnabas refuses to obey her.

Harry finds Barnabas in the woods and brings him back to Collinwood. For once you've done something right, Mrs. Johnson snaps to her offspring. But Barnabas refuses all help and goes back to the Old House.

Julia is relieved to see Barnabas when he returns to the Old House, but she is already so exhausted and anxious that she doesn’t really notice that he keeps his overcoat on with the collar turned up. She is in for a terrible shock.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
Harry finds Barnabas in the woods and brings him back to Collinwood. For once you've done something right, Mrs. Johnson snaps to her offspring.

Love it!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:34:03 AM »
The struggle over who will go to Angelique between Joe and Barnabas is quite fun, but I'm sure she could take both at the same time and save them the trouble. Julia leaves Joe even though she says he is not to be alone.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
I think at this point Joe was more of a liability to both Angelique and Nicholas that, she would have wanted him dead even if it also would have benefited her master. No Joe, no obstacles to her getting her fangs into Barnabas....or so she thinks.

I still love the Angelique as the vamp and Barnabas the victim subplot. It is interesting to see him being the one who's bitten rather than him doing the biting.

Nice of Harry to bring Barnabas back to Collinwood after Angelique took her daily bite of him. I'm with Mrs. Johnson...it is nice to see Harry do the right thing for once.

Come on Julia....can't you put two and two together....Barnabas is not himself and you yourself were attacked by a vamp not too long ago....can't she put the pieces together?