Author Topic: #1129/1130: Robservations 10/13/03: A Certain Blond Returns  (Read 1476 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1129/1130: Robservations 10/13/03: A Certain Blond Returns
« on: October 12, 2003, 12:22:19 PM »
1129 - LARA PARKER DOES THE INTRO!  Does this mean Angelique is back?

Barnabas and Julia roam the woods, hearing something heavy moving about.  Barnabas hands Julia the lantern and takes his cane in hand, holding it as a weapon.  They hear the sound retreating, and Barn figures it's only an animal.  They come across the dead body of Hortense.  Barnabas! calls Julia.

They bend down to examine the body.  Barnabas comments that it looks as if someone tried to tear her head off.  It's Hortense, says Julia, the governess at Collinwood--she's still alive, says Julia (a medical miracle), there is a faint pulse beat.  She sends him to Collinwood for her medical bag; she'll see what she can do for her in the meantime.

Quentin paces the drawing room.  Barnabas enters and tells him something terrible has happened--his governess was attacked in the woods.  Barnabas tries to go upstairs, but Quentin stops him and insists he tell him what he knows.  Barnabas says the girl is almost dead--Julia's with her, and asked for her medical bag.  This news rocks Quentin.  Julia returns and tells Barnabas to come back, she can't do anything; Hortense just died.  Quentin asks her if she has any idea how it happened.  Yes, says Julia, but I don't know whether to believe it or not.  Barnabas joins them  She became conscious for a few seconds just before she died, says Julia--she spoke to me--something about a headless man.  Quentin mutters, "No!" and runs out.  Barnabas tries to follow, saying he'll help him bring back Hortense, but Quentin calls back that he isn't going to see her.  Barnabas tries to get him to wait, but Quentin can't.  Where can he be going? wonders Julia.  He isn't concerned about the girl at all, Barnabas says, but the thing that attacked her.  A headless man? says Julia, how can there be such a thing?--she must have just been hysterical.  Barnabas isn't so sure--Quentin seemed to know and understand it.  Whatever it is, it frightened him, observes Julia--what's out there?  Barnabas says he's going to notify the police.  Julia heads back to the house to look for Samantha, who she hasn't seen this evening--she doesn't know where she is.

8:30 - Collinwood, drawing room - Julia has reported the governess' fate to Samantha.  Poor Hortense, laments Samantha, what a horrible way to die!--I knew something was wrong when she didn't meet me at Rose Cottage, that's why I came here--I don't know what I'll do without her, she was devoted to Tad--if only she hadn't gone into the woods, she would still be alive--she must have been on her way to see me, to tell me...she stops.  Julia asks, "Tell you what?"  Samantha reveals that she and Quentin have decided to get a divorce.  You're going to marry Gerard? asks a stunned Julia.  Does that surprise you? asks Samantha.  I thought because of Tad, you would stay with Quentin, says Julia.  Tad is staying with me, of course, says Samantha--and I had told Hortense to meet me at Rose Cottage to tell me when he was ready--Julia, you said that Quentin left the house when he heard the news--where did he go?  He refused to tell us, says Julia.  Samantha takes a gun from the desk and tells Julia she's taking Tad to Rose Cottage, Gerard is waiting there for them.  You're not going to take him there with whatever it is loose in the woods, protests Julia. I just came from Rose Cottage without any harm, points out Samantha.  You were fortunate, says Julia, you could have been killed.  Tad and I will be all right, Samantha insists--I have this (she clasps the gun) and I can get one of the servants to drive us in a carriage--Julia, would you speak to the housekeeper and ask her to arrange that for me, please?  Julia asks her if she's sure she doesn't want to wait until daylight.  I've known nothing but tragedy in this house and want to leave it ASAP, insists Samantha, Tad and I will be all right in the carriage--if you don't want to do it, I'll take care of it myself.  Julia assures her she'll do it, since she can't stop her, anyway.  Samantha thanks her and heads upstairs.  Quentin returns and stops her on the landing.  So you decided to take Tad yourself, he accuses.  I don't know what you're talking about, says Sam.  Quentin orders her to come down before he comes up and drags her down.  Holding she gun, she surveys him steadily, unmoving.

Samantha and Quentin stare at each other, but only when he starts heading upstairs does she come down.  He grabs the gun out of her hand as she hurries past him into the drawing room.  This gun wouldn't have done you any good, he says sharply, and there's no use denying it, I found out what you were up to this afternoon--I think it's the lowest thing you've ever done.  I can do without your sermons, she assures him.  He says if she'd been successful in getting Tad out of this house, he'd have police in every state looking for her--and just how did she think she'd get away with it?  You haven't stopped me yet, you know, she says.  I have two servants guarding his room, Quentin informs her, unlike Hortense, they are loyal to ME!  Don't you dare mention her name, commands Samantha, you're responsible for her death!  And if she'd been successful in getting Tad out of this house, says Quentin, he'd be dead now and you'd be responsible for that!  Absurd! pronounces Samantha, she would never let anything happen to him.  There's a maniac loose in those woods, says Quentin, and I don't think she could have done anything to prevent it!--if you don't have sense enough to look after your own son's safety, at least I do.  Thank you for referring to him as MY son, says Samantha.  You listen to me, says Quentin, I don't want to hear anymore about that.  You're going to have to face it sooner or later, says Sam.
I said that's enough! Quentin barks.  He's not your son! cries Samantha, and he slaps her hard across the face.  Stunned, she looks at him.  He doesn't say a word, then puts the gun down on the desk.  You can do what you wish to me, she says, but you can't change the truth.  At the moment, says Quentin, I don't care if it's the truth or not, and don't you taunt me with it.  If I'm forced to stay in this house, she says, I will say what I please.  Quentin tells her angrily that no one's forcing her to stay; as far as he's concerned, she can get out and stay out!  She says not without Tad.  FOR THE LAST TIME, TAD IS STAYING HERE! shouts Quentin--you have no legal or moral right to that boy!  Since when are you the authority on morals? she asks, you with your clandestine affairs!  There was only one other woman, says Quentin, just one, and you know it.  You mean one I found out about! accuses Samantha.  You didn't find out about her, I told you about her, says Quentin.  Oh, yes, she smirks, honest Quentin, always doing the proper thing, always the perfect gentleman--I HATE YOU!  I think you'd better get upstairs, advises Quentin.  She promises him he's going to be sorry for this night, she's going to stay in this house and do everything to make his life a living hell.  She goes upstairs.  (This scene between them is very passionate and powerful; the acting is superb.)  Quentin looks very sad and defeated.  He pours himself a drink.  Barnabas enters the drawing room and says he wants to talk to him.  Not now, says Quentin.  It must be now, Barnabas tells him--the murder of that girl in the woods must be dealt with.  Let the police deal with it, insists Quentin, sipping his drink.  Barnabas asks what Hortense meant by headless creature?  Just what makes you think I know anything? asks Quentin.  Because Julia and I both saw it in your face when she told you about the girl's dying words, says Barn.  You were both imagining it, says Quentin.  Why did you leave the house so quickly, interrogates Barnabas, where did you go?--why didn't you go to the police?--is there a headless creature?  Quentin walks to the window, drinking his drink.  I don't know! he says defensively.  What DO you know? demands Barnabas.  Nothing, says Quentin.  Listen to me, says Barnabas, this may lead to a whole series of disasters at Collinwood--if what that girl said in her dying moment is true, then we are dealing with something supernatural--if you're holding something from us that we must know, you're jeopardizing the lives of everyone at Collinwood.

Quentin and Barnabas, seated now, are discussing the situation, and Quentin has apparently revealed all.  Judah Zachary, repeats Barnabas--his body is out there tonight?--what about the disembodied head?  Somewhere near is, guesses Quentin, still drinking--when Desmond found out the head was missing, we both assumed the head and body had somehow been joined together again.  Now we know that isn't true, says Barnabas.  When did Judah Zachary live? asks Barn.  1692, says Quentin, he was condemned to death as a warlock in the village of Bedford.  Why was he beheaded? asks Barnabas.  The villagers, explained Quentin, thought his evil was so great, he couldn't die like an ordinary man, so they separated the head from the body--no one knows where the body is buried, it's a well-kept secret, but the head was put on public display as a warning to all his followers--since 1692, the head has reappeared several times, and each time it reappears, murders follow in its wake--what am I going to do, Barnabas?  Prevent the return of Judah Zachary, advises Barn--find the body and head and destroy them both.  Attempts have been made to destroy the head, says Quentin, no one has ever succeeded.  Barnabas asks if anyone ever tried to destroy the body.  Quentin takes another swig of his drink.  That's what we must try to do, says Barnabas, in whatever way we can--we can begin by taking weapons and starting a search immediately.  No, says Quentin, Desmond and I have already searched and we didn't find anything.  We must try again, insists Barnabas.  Quentin agrees, and leads Barnabas to his study, where he says there are guns.

Midnight - As Barnabas and Julia enter the drawing room, he tells her he and Quentin combed the entire woods and found nothing.  You really do believe this headless creature exists? Julia asks.  Yes, says Barnabas, but I don't know where--we'll have to search again tomorrow--it will get anyone who's in it's way--I'm convinced that the girl just happened to stumble on this creature in the woods.  Julia asks Barnabas if he knows what Hortense's death means.
Yes, says Barnabas--that the position of governess in this house is now open.  And from what we know in 1970, says Julia, this is the time Daphne will make her appearance as governess in this house.  If we keep Daphne from becoming governess here, says Barnabas, events will take a difference course--that way, we can prevent the destruction of Collinwood in 1970.  Yes, agrees Julia, that's true, but how can you stop her?  I don't think I can, says Barnabas, but you might be able to.  She looks at him, puzzled.

Dawn - Daphne writes in her diary, and puts it away in a box when someone knocks at her door.  Julia says it's urgent she speak to her--may she come in?  Daphne says of course, and asks how she can help her.  You can't help me, says Julia, but perhaps I can help you--you must leave Collinsport immediately.  Why? asks Daphne.  Because if you don't, says Julia, you will probably die.  Daphne looks at her, startled.

Believe me, says Julia, I'm not exaggerating, it is a matter of life and death.  Who are you? demands Daphne, why are you threatening me?  I'm not threatening you, just trying to warn you, says Julia, I know it's very difficult to accept what I'm going to tell you, but you must--you must leave Collinsport, or it will be a matter of serious danger to your life. What do you mean? asks Daphne.  Sometime soon, says Julia, you will be offered a position as governess in Collinwood.  Why would anyone do that? asks Daphne.  I promise you, says Julia, it will happen
--if you accept that position, it will lead to your death.  Who are you? asks Daphne again, why are you trying to frighten me?  I'm not trying to frighten you, but to save your life, says Julia.  Daphne asks how she can know what's going to happen to her--she's never seen her before, she doesn't know her--or has she seen her before?  No of course not, says Julia, lying badly.  I don't believe you, says Daphne, you knew my name and you knew what I looked like--how is that possible if you've never seen me before?  The position of governess will be offered to you--do not accept it, says Julia firmly.  Daphne says she thinks it highly unlikely that anyone will offer her a job at Collinwood, and she has no intention of asking for one.  For your own sake, please...begs Julia, but Daphne interrupts:  Please, she says, I am not leaving.  All right, says Julia, I've done what I can, please don't tell anyone anything that we've said--if you do, I will says we've never spoken to each other--we will be seeing each other again, we will be meeting very soon.  She leaves, and a disturbed Daphne considers her words.  (I can understand Daphne's finding Julia's visit very peculiar--there had to be another way.)

Barnabas returns to Collinwood, where Julia dejectedly tells him she failed to convince Daphne to leave--what will they do now?  Barnabas tells her they will wait for the next step and try to prevent that.  Why should Quentin offer her the job as governess? asks Julia--she has no training for it (Never stopped anyone before.)  I don't know, says Barnabas, all I know is, that he will try to do it, and he will have a reason.  Julia points out that Quentin is leaving the house, and asks Barnabas when he thinks it will happen.  They look at each other.

Quentin goes to Daphne's room at the inn.  She invites him into her room.  He says he's in a hurry and will get to the point, quickly, about the reason for his visit--his cousin Desmond recommended her to him--he'd like to offer her the position as his son's governess.  Daphne is stunned.  Quentin tells her he knows this has come up all of a sudden, but he never expected such shock.  Forgive me, she says, but she doesn't know what to say.  Is there a reason you can't say yes? he asks.  She tells him she's so overwhelmed, she can't say anything just yet.  Does the position interest you? he asks.  She says yes, indeed it does.  Well, then says Quentin, if you don't mind, I'd like to have your answer, because I'm in a hurry.  She says she's grateful for his offer, and pleased to accept it.
Quentin asks if she has any reservations about working at Collinwood.  Oh no, she says, believe me, it's just what I wanted--and she has a sly grin on her face.

A hooded figure carries a lantern through the cemetery.  This person goes into the Collins mausoleum and reaches for the ring in the lion's head to open the secret panel.
The person sees the coffin is gone.  We see the face of the hooded person.  "He's gone!" says Angelique--"I wouldn't have thought it possible!--but I will find him--he will never get away from me!"

NOTES:  She's baaaaack!  Angelique has returned to Collinsport and we know things are going to get stirred up to the max.  She's found her hubby gone from his coffin and she's not happy.  Wheeee!

How did you like that violent argument between Quentin and Samantha, during which she smacked him across the face?  These two sure do have passion, but it's not the good kind.  Perhaps they had it once.  Given the circumstances, I probably would have back-handed Samantha, too.  There were no blood tests to determine parentage back then.  If Quentin isn't the boy's father, who is?  And where are Tad and Carrie, anyway--they are supposed to figure prominently in this storyline?

Daphne was warned not to take the job at Collinwood, yet she did so anyway.  Why?  She must have an ulterior motive, which we have yet to discover, but what would make her want to risk her own life--always assuming she believes Julia.  We know she wants to kill Quentin, and this brings her close enough to do so.  Why didn't he even question her about her educational background?

I always find it amusing that Julia, confronted with a new supernatural creature, like a headless man, deems it impossible.  She's come in contact with vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witches--what's a headless man in the mix?

The tragedy has been set in motion now; how will it all come down?

1130 - Nancy Barrett's introduction tells us that this night is the anniversary of the night, long ago, when Barnabas became a vampire.  I wonder if that is chronologically true, and I think it's incorrect.  Is it January in 1840?

Angelique calls to Laszlo, a colorfully-dressed gypsy, who joins her in the secret room.  An empty tomb, he asks?--why haven't I been allowed here before--now we made this same pilgrimage last year and the year before and I always have to wait outside--and here there's nothing to see!--what do you come here for?--you know what I think?  She curtly interrupts him, saying he's never at his best when he thinks.  Then I'll go back to my accustomed place in the cemetery, he says, giving her a mocking bow, your humble, obedient servant.  No! she says, you will remain here!  This is different than the other nights, he remarks, when we left this tomb last year, you were smiling.  Of course, she says, because I was happy.  What was in this tomb that made you happy? he asks.  She doesn't reply, and asks him why, since she never answers any of his questions, he doesn't get tired of asking them.  Laszlo says she will, sooner or later--she'd be surprised to learn how many she had already answered since they've met.  She smiles and says, dear Laszlo...  Now you want something, he guesses.  She takes his hand and says that he will get it for her as he always does--that's why she allows him to travel with her--there is an estate here named Collinwood, and a man named Daniel Collins lives there, with two sons, Quentin and Gabriel--go there and talk with one of them.  Do these men know you? he asks.  You're not to mention my name, she warns him.  How do I get in? he asks.  She says she'll leave that up to his gypsy ingenuity.  I'll talk to one of these men, says Laszlo, what will I find out?  You're to find out about a man named Barnabas Collins, she instructs--find out if he's in Collinwood, if anyone knows him.  If he's a relative, says the gypsy, of course someone is going to know him.  She gets a look in her eye and says they may not.
Who is this guy? asks Laszlo, and what's his connection with this room?  "Barnabas Collins is the only man I've ever loved," says Angelique.  Laszlo laughs--except me, of course, he says.  She clasps his hands and, laughing, agrees, except you, of course--now go, and hurry--be very careful--one last thing--you must not mention Barnabas' name until it is mentioned to you first.  Why? he asks.  There are reasons that need not concern you, she says.  Barnabas Collins, says Laszlo, another of your mysteries.  Yes, she says, and the most important mystery of all--now hurry.

Barnabas knocks at Leticia's door.  She lets him in and says you're a bit of a surprise--"Ducks."  With your second sight, I'm surprised I would be, he says.  I don't use it every day, luv, she giggles, I like some things to be a surprise, it makes life more interesting.  It all depends on what the surprises are, says Barn.  She sees how serious he is, and asks if something is wrong.  You know, she says, you seem like a man who's lived a long, long time.  Do I? he asks, uncomfortable.  She says he seems to know everything.  How I wish that were true, he says--I've come here tonight because there IS something I don't know, something that Quentin and Desmond say you do know.  They're wrong, she says, if you're talking about that head--I wouldn't lie to Desmond!  Even if you thought it was for his own sake? asks Barn--you must realize it was having a terrible effect on him.  That's MY business! she snaps, and Desmond's--why did he send you here?  I came on my own, insists Barnabas.  He should have believed me, she says.  You must not blame him, says Barnabas, it's very important that we find... Well then look for it someplace it MAY be! she cries, walking away from him.  The body roams the woods, says Barnabas--the children's governess was killed tonight, on her way to this house.  Leticia looks upset.  Barnabas asks her if she has any idea where that head is--tell me the truth, he says, giving her his mesmerizing look.  She tears her glance away and says she doesn't want Desmond thinking she's lying to him--it's not trustful of him at all, and Barnabas can tell him--the head is evil and if none of you ever sees it again, it will be for the best.  Barnabas says he only hopes for her sake that she doesn't know where that body is.  And, she shouts after the departing Barnabas, you'll have to tell Desmond to apologize to me for sending you here!  She closes her door and locks it.  She opens her closet, where the head, still in its class case, sits.

Collinwood drawing room- So you can tell the future, huh, gypsy? an amused Gabriel asks Laszlo--I'm afraid there's not much of a need for that in this house--although if you could explain the present, your services would be much desired.  The present is simple, says Laszlo, one just simply uses one's eyes.  What if one's eyes see a headless man? asks Gabriel, sending Laszlo into gales of laughter.  Not a joke, Gabriel assures him, we live in a very unusual world, and people say there is a headless man roaming the woods.  This house is covered by a veil, says Laszlo, raising his hands high--a veil pierced by lightning!  Gabriel says so they are doomed, is that what you're trying to say--that the vengeful gods are against us?  Laszlo says perhaps it's just themselves they are against.  Very good, excellent, praises Gabriel, I think you just might go far in your profession--tell me, how are we against ourselves?  For a modest fee, begins Laszlo...  Oh, no, says Gabriel, I brought you out of that storm, I don't think you want to go into it again--read my palm.  Laszlo gazes into Gabriel's palm and tells him he has a long lifeline.  Some people in this house might be very upset to hear that, quips Gabriel.  Laszlo then tells him that this house looms over him, he's surrounded by many people who... ...tell me not to trust them? finishes Gabriel.  Since last year, since this exact day last year, says Laszlo, waving his hand over the palm, I see a change...  This day? asks Gabriel.  Laszlo says he can't see exactly what, but...  Barnabas enters.  Come in, says Gabriel, my future is not a private matter--this is another Collins, says Gabriel, you can read his palm after you've finished with mine--are you a believer, Barnabas?
Laszlo catches the name and listens closely.  I'm afraid not, says Barnabas.  I could make you believe, says Laszlo.  That's not possible, says Barn,  Behind you, says Laszlo to Barnabas, standing behind you, very far away, waiting, but not for long.  Oh, come, gypsy, says Gabriel, you can do better than that!--are your English gypsies any better than he is, Barnabas?--go on, tell him what's waiting behind him.  GABRIEL! objects Barnabas.  Laszlo rises to his feet and says he can say no more.  Pay him, says Gabriel, let him go.  (Foisting off payment for his fortune on Barnabas, eh?)  No, you owe me nothing, Laszlo assures them.  Such a silly game, the future, remarks Gabriel, and bids Laszlo good night.  Lazslo bows.  If you happen to be going into the village, I'd advise you to be careful, says Barnabas--there are strange things happening here tonight.  Laszlo says, "I know--far better than you."

Leticia looks at the head and says to it that she has tried before and will again--"Body of Judah Zachary, she calls, "show me where you are, for I have been chosen to find you--by the powers that I possess, let me see. . .let me see--men, I see men searching for you--where are you?--where are you?--this is danger for you, I must find you before they do, for they are enemies--body of Judah Zachary, show yourself to me!"  She sees a vision of boots, of the creature lying on the ground covered in leaves.  Yes, she says, yes!  She turns to the head and says I know what I must do now, Judah Zachary.

We see flames in a fireplace.  Gabriel asks Barnabas why he didn't let the gypsy read his palm--are you concealing a deep, dark secret, too?  Barnabas explains that he didn't want to encourage him to remain--isn't it rather odd that a gypsy should walk onto the estate?  It's just the luck of the Collins that he's here, says Gabriel, we seem to attract every oddity on earth (he should only know about the vampire and witch!)--how are you coming with your headless man?  You don't believe he exists, do you? asks Barnabas.  No, says Gabriel, not on the basis of the evidence of a constantly hysterical, dying governess--she's the reason I sent my children away to school.  I do believe he exists, says Barnabas, and I'm going out to join the search before he kills someone else.  He leaves.

The headless creature lies on the ground in the woods.  Leticia finds him and pulls the leaves off him.  She turns him over and he immediately starts to attack her.

Leticia struggles with the headless creature, calling him Judah Zachary, telling him she's been sent to guide him--he'll be safe with her.  It tries again to strangle her, but she begs it to let her help him.  It releases her.  She helps it to stand tall and assures it that it will be all right.
It reaches for her hand, and she takes it, urging him to follow her.  She leads it through the woods.

Angelique paces the empty secret room.  Laszlo enters.  Well? she asks.  I learned nothing at all, he tells her.  You fool! she cries.  No one was home, he says.  (He obviously loves to tease her.)  You could have talked to the servants! she insists.  He says he doesn't talk to servants.  She turns her back on him, furious.  Laszlo laughs and says, "He looks like a man you could love."  Turning back to him with hope, her face alight, Angelique says, "You saw him?"
We were introduced, admits Laszlo.  Tell me, she says, does he still have that same strange, intent look in his eyes?  Laszlo says she'll think so.  And his smile, says Angelique, grinning herself, when he smiles does his face suddenly go gentle.  He didn't smile at me, says Laszlo, amused.  Is he living there? she asks.  He seemed perfectly at ease, says Laszlo--I gathered that he just recently came from London.  Oh, so that's the story, she says.  His story? pounces Laszlo--where does he come from?--this room?  You saw him yourself, she points out, he couldn't be a ghost.  Laszlo says he has something to do with this room--what?  Where Barnabas Collins came from, she says coldly, is no concern of yours!--neither is what he has to do with this room--do you understand?  I recognize the tone of voice, he says.  Good--remember it! she orders.  He says she will tell him sooner or later, or he'll find out for himself.  He starts to exit, but she assures him that if he tries, he will be punished.  Some day you'll learn that I can do some punishing of my own, too, he warns her--now what do we do now that we know he's here?  Angelique smiles.  Is it too much or too foolish to ask why we couldn't leave this foolish town?  Angelique tells him too foolish, very foolish indeed.  She's grinning.  (Theirs is an interesting relationship, isn't it?)

In the crypt where the body originally lay, Leticia leads the headless man down the stairs and assures him he will be safe here. She releases his hand and he flails around, searching for her.  It's all right, she assures him, I must go now, but I will be back.  She helps it to sit down and tells him, "You will stay here."

9:15 - Collinwood - Gabriel reads a book in the drawing room and answers the door.  It's Angelique, who bids him good evening and says, "I'm Mrs. Barnabas Collins."  Gabriel eagerly invites her in, closing the door.  So you're Mrs. Barnabas Collins? he asks, smelling gossip in the air.  Is my husband here? she asks.  Yes, but not at the moment, says Gabriel, no.  Oh, she says, I wanted to much to surprise him.  You certainly surprised me--I'm Gabriel Collins, he says, a cousin.  Very pleased to meet you, she says, I had the most ghastly trip--my trunk was stolen off the stage from Boston, and the storm has frightened me so much--when will my husband be back?  He didn't really say, Gabriel explains, actually, he's living at the Old House now.  Is it on the estate? She asks.  Yes, he says.  Then I shall go there, she says.  He says he wouldn't if he were here, there have been many attacks tonight--he's out with the men--let me give you some brandy, that should take the chill off.  A glass of brandy would be fine, she says, and looks around happily--Collinwood (did she say Hollywood?)--I never imagined I'd see it, she says.  It's a much better place to imagine than live in, he says, believe me--your husband never mentioned you, you know.  Oh? she asks.  Obviously an oversight on his part, says Gabriel.  He hands her a brandy.  Thank you, she says.  He asks her if she's from England, too?  Yes, she says, I can't wait to see the expression on his face when he sees me.  Gabriel chuckles and ponders who might still be up--Julia, his sister.  Oh, yes of course, says Angelique, hiding well her initial startlement, I've never met her--do see if she's still up.  Angelique considers this, drinking her brandy--a sister, eh?

Leticia returns to her room at Rose Cottage and closes and locks the door.  She opens the closet and covers the head.

Collinwood - Angelique sits by the fire.  Gabriel comes in and says he can't imagine where Julia is, she must be at the Old House.  Barnabas is very fond of her (Julia), says Angelique.  Yes, agrees Gabriel, and she's very fond of him--she was most upset when he wasn't here.  Oh? asks Ang.  Yes, says Gabriel, she was expecting him to be here, and he wasn't.  I wonder what could have happened? asks Ang.  I don't know, I thought perhaps you knew, says Gabriel--Barnabas did write you, didn't he?  The post is dreadful, you know, she says.
Isn't it? he says, staring at her.  She asks if he minds her waiting there.  Of course not, he says, I find it most fascinating.  As do I, she says, what a happy moment it will be when I see him again--and to meet Julia at last--it's almost like the end of a dream.  (And the beginning of a nightmare for Barn and Jul.)  She smiles.

The headless creature sits where Leticia left him.  She enters bearing the case with the head inside, and tells him she's back.  She takes off the cover and says, "Now, you will be whole again."  The body moves forward, reaching for it's own head.

NOTES:  Head and body, body and head, he, it--this is hard to write.  I don't know whether to refer to it!  Hope I didn't get too confusing, but I'm confused!  Will head and body be reunited?  What will happen when they do?  Is the head as murderous as the body?  This could be bad.  And to imagine, Leticia had it all along and was keeping it a secret!  It must have her under its power, too.

Angelique is back and badder than ever.  She's already causing Barnabas trouble by calling herself his wife.  Gabriel was fascinated, and wonders why Barnabas never mentioned he had a spouse.  Wait until Barnabas sees her!  He's going to go ballistic.  And Angelique must be wondering who Julia is.  Laszlo is already a fun character, and his dialogue with Angelique sparks much interest.  They have apparently been traveling together a long time, and he thinks she "loves" him.  Does she?  Have they gone all they way, we wonder?

You sense that Gabriel is bored with his sedentary life, and good gossip like Barnabas' unmentioned wife showing up is excellent fodder for his sharp, wicked mind.  Angelique always did love making Barnabas' life hell, and are they REALLY married, considering they both died in 1796--marriage is supposed to be until death do us part.

Well, I've always loved when Angelique returns to a storyline, because she's so much fun.  Stay tuned, folks, she will stir up more trouble that you can possibly believe!

Love Robin