Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0608  (Read 851 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0608
« on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »
Robservations #608

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0608

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:21:15 PM »
[spoiler]I wish they just had let Joe leave town as he would tell Maggie in a later episode before he ended up being sent away.[/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:29:26 AM »
Is it just me, or did Barnabas seem a little disappointed to learn that Angelique had another victim other than him?

Though that can't be right, because he has to know that it was Angelique who made Tom what he was. Although the difference is she dispatched him almost immediately, while hanging onto Joe for quite some time.

Joe admits to Maggie there WAS another girl....but he can't tell her who or WHAT she is. How hurt and dejected Maggie must feel....apparently she wasn't woman enough to satisfy Joe, even though we the viewers know that is not really the case at all.

I did like to see how Barnabas disobeyed Angelique and took Joe to the Old House rather than leave him off to die in the woods. However [spoiler] one has to wonder if he ended up regretting that decision after Joe tries to strangle him a bit later on. [/spoiler]

Joe realizes that Barnabas is under Angelique's spell and wants to kill him however he lacks the strength to do so. Really sad to see Joe come to this, first suicidal because of Angelique's rejection of him, then homicidal due to his delusion that if he gets rid of Barnabas, Angelique will want to turn to him again, which is not very likely to happen.

Good episode.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »
Barn and Joe are vampire victims, of the same vampire, so they can't help being jealous of each other, no matter what conflicting other feelings are going on, too.

Oh that's why they showed us Adam cutting open a couple book pages with the letter opener earlier, I thought, to establish that there's an available sharp object to stab with.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
As Joe writhes on the floor in agony, a fly buzzes around him--at least according to my notes.

At the Old House, Julia cuts open Joe’s turtleneck sweater to examine the wound. Yes, we get full upper frontal nudity at last on this show (and not bad either, with not too much chest hair)!

Later, a sad scene when Maggie and Joe lament that their lives have turned out so differently from what they had planned.

Julia doesn’t seem to register that Barnabas has suddenly taken to wearing an ascot with a velvet smoking jacket (red, naturally).

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:13 AM »
Julia gets the job of cutting off Joe's shirt and noticed his marked neck. Julia out of the blue suspects it is Cassandra Collins.  Barnabas nixes the idea. Joe is covered in afghan.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times