Author Topic: Conj/Angelique Q  (Read 866 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Conj/Angelique Q
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »
I just watched, "The Conjuring".  (If anyone is wonderful, it was PHENOMENAL!!)

Was the main woman 'spiritualist' the actress who played Angelique in 2012 movie?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Conj/Angelique Q
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »
No, Patti, that was Vera Farmiga who played Lorraine Warren, not Eva Green. Vera has been playing the mother of Norman Bates on cable.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Lorraine Warren, portrayed by Ms. Farmiga, served as a consultant on The Conjuring.  She also did a cameo as a member of an audience listening to a lecture given by "her" and her "husband," Ed (played by Patrick Wilson).

Back in the eighties, I attended a lecture given by the Warrens in a packed auditorium.  They talked about many of their investigations and played audio-visual recordings of things they experienced and it was downright creepy.  They made only a brief mention of the "conjuring" case and even played a clip of one of the audios done during their involvement (which aired in the movie and it was the actual recording not a re-mix) but said nothing more, stating that it was the one case they didn't majorly discuss because it was too personally intense for them.  Ed Warren passed away a few years ago.  Lorraine Warren has retired from any further investigations but still gives interviews and an occasional lecture.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
Wow! Gerard, that's fascinating!
I didn't think they were the same woman; I guess 'nearly' the same shape of face.
Good movie.

Patti

[Chanukah9]
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:14:57 AM »
Also in the eighties, when I was living in Pittsburgh, the case of Jack and Janet Smurl and their family, supposedly tormented by a demonic force in their Pennsylvania house, was all the rage on PA-wide news.  Unable to receive help, even from their church, in desparation they sought out the Warrens who did everything to help them, including trying to get the church to perform an exorcism.  When the church refused to assist, in deeper desperation, the family decided to go public to try and get the help they needed (the Warrens advised against this, knowing what the publicity could do).  It ended up all over the airwaves and became a morning ritual to watch "updates" on all the PA news outlets.  The Smurl's home became a beacon for hordes of people, from reporters to the curious to just basic mean people tormenting the beleagured family and they figured it had been a mistake.  Finally, they were able to move from the infested house but whatever was in it, according to their account, followed them.  Finally, because of the publicity throwing the church into a negative light from seemingly abandoning the family, the church sanctioned an exorcism and the phenomena ceased.  The story was chronicled in a book called The Haunted.  The new "fourth" network, Fox, adapted the book into a made-for-TV movie under the same name starring Sally Kirkland as Janet Smurl and Diane Baker as Lorraine Warren.  The film can be found on youtube.  Like The Conjuring, it contains many eerie scenes.

Gerard

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:39:08 AM »
Gerard!  I don't recall you ever mentioning living in Pittsburgh!!  How long were you here?

I don't know if that's the case you are referring to, but I know there was a case of a supposedly haunted house in the area.  One of the cellists in the Pittsburgh Symphony also did magic and investigated things like that.  He and his wife (a violist in the orchestra) went there to investigate and were interviewed on the news.  I think I asked him about it once, but I don't remember what he had to say.
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
I lived in Pittsburgh from 85-89, Josette, and loved it there.  The case that happened when I lived there was in West Pittston at the opposite end of the state.

Gerard