Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0594  (Read 1149 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0594
« on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
Robservations #594

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0594

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »
Well, Carolyn only fainted during the experiment--but that was some faint! Anyway, Nicholas used his powers to bring her back.

Adam and Carolyn have their last moments together. Adam is overjoyed to see that Carolyn survived the experiment unharmed. Carolyn offers to be a part of the experiment once more. Adam is moved by her willingness to place herself in such danger for him a second time, but (evidently on Nicholas’s instructions) tells her, I have found someone else. After the experiment, I will be leaving forever. Then I’ll never see you again! Carolyn exclaims in dismay. Carolyn, please think of me sometimes, Adam says. Try not to forget me. To his joy, Carolyn replies, I won’t have to try. I’ll always remember you--always. With great courtesy, he asks, May I hold you? She is more than willing, and they embrace. She also lets him kiss her, which he does with supreme gentleness, running his hands through her shining, golden hair one last time. Then abruptly he breaks their embrace, says goodbye, and hurries out, unable to face her stricken look.

Because he's standing behind her, Carolyn doesn't see the gloating look on Nicholas's face when he tells her that Danielle Roget sent seven people to the guillotine during the French Revolution. He hypnotizes her into performing a ritual, thoughtfully providing a sheet of paper with the words. Sure enough, hideous laughter and screams quickly fill the air. Although she is horrified and frightened, Carolyn stays seated, but finally she can bear it no longer and gets up to flee. Nicholas has all he can do to keep her from stepping outside the circle. Eventually he gets her to sit again, whereupon she collapses in a faint across the table. A moment later, Danielle Roget (played by Erica Fitz) appears, wearing 18th-century garb and a bloodthirsty smile. She is all for killing Carolyn right then and there (luckily Carolyn is still in her swoon). Nicholas refuses to permit it and orders her, When the clock strikes three, you will appear to me as you were in life.

Evidently Leona obeys orders, because a short time later, she arrives at the Old House.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
Things are moving now.  Now that Threatening Adam is over, I'm surprised it all didn't seem to last thaty long or be as annoying.  there were plenty of better moments with Adam, though Barnajulia didn't witness them.  It's funny how he's two different people depending on who he's around.  We might all be like that.

Leona's strange vibe makes me think she's some sort of "clinical" killer, beloved of insane murderer movies, not at all like the emotional figure Eve ends up being.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
I certainly wasn't the same at school as I was with my parents. Barnabas and Julia are pretty much the only parents Adam has.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
Now Nick is providing the life force? Why not do that all along?  Adam says adios to Carolyn. Nick erases her memory and has summoned Danielle Roget supposed one of the most evil women to have lived. I fail to see how a dead woman could provide the life force, but it would have made Nicks plan much more interesting from the start if his plan was to churn out corpses to bring back dead villains.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
...it would have made Nick's plan much more interesting from the start if his plan was to churn out corpses to bring back dead villains.

True... very labor-intensive though.... as opposed to Adam and Eve producing the evil army, or whatever the hell it's supposed to be.....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
Yes, the devil always gets others to do the work for him.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:17 PM »
But think of all the great Grayson Hall moments where she could utter, noooo! noooo!  I caaaan't  At each new experiment.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:55:29 AM »
Loved, loved, loved the ritual and summoning Danielle Roget.
The scene was very creepy, and atmospheric, and the music gave me chills.
Only thing spoiling it was having one of the cameras come into the shot.