Author Topic: kissy test  (Read 806 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
kissy test
« on: September 23, 2003, 01:12:59 AM »
 :-*

Okay...on my last post (MM...Prof. Stokes pics) I tried to blow RobinV a kiss...just has a yellow period.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:kissy test
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 01:34:58 AM »
Hmmm - it looks fine now...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 03:58:15 AM »
Patti.....if you've been using IE all along, I'm astonished you haven't had this problem before.

When the new collection of emicons (emoticons to some) became available (the ones that require you to click on [Get More]).... I began to have trouble with the smileys that had always been available.  The kissy one in particular frequently shows up as just a yellow dot.

It almost never happens if that's the only smiley you're using....but if you have more than one smiley in the post (and I see that your post to prof stokes has the one with the hair bow first) it's very likely that the subsequent ones will not appear....even if all of them are from the original list of available smileys.   The only way to know if they're there or not is to preview every post before you post it.

But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to FIX the problem, except, of course, to switch to something (anything!!) other than IE.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 04:40:39 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, Rainey. I'd completely forgotten that you'd had the same problem before. [6184]  But then, I try to put almost everything having to do with IE out of my head as soon as possible.  [wink2]