Author Topic: For members with AOL, Compuserve, and Road Runner  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
For members with AOL, Compuserve, and Road Runner
« on: September 16, 2003, 06:12:34 PM »
Good news!

During registrations we were asking all cousins to not use aol.com, cs.com, or rr.com addresses in their profile.  This was because the forums were unable to get mail through to providers that used AOL servers.  As a result, several members were forced to open yahoo or hotmail accounts, and their cooperation in continuing to list those addresses in their profile has been much appreciated.  But I'm happy to report that the problem no longer exists and these cousins are now free, if they wish, to begin using their AOL, Compuserve or Road Runner addresses here.

Please note that ANYTIME you change the email address in your profile, a new password is generated by the system, so you may want to make that change only after finishing the session on the boards because as soon as the change is made you'll be returned to the login page and must log in with your new password in order to access your account again.

Please do keep your address current.  There's an option within your profile to keep it hidden from the public.  Here's the procedure for changing the email address in your profile:

Click "profile" in the horizontal menu at the top or bottom of any forum page
In the top section titled "Required Information", enter your preferred email address.  It's very important that it be correct and complete.
Enter your current password on the next line.  You are asked to enter it only once.
Click "Change profile"
Your new password should arrive shortly in the [new] mailbox.  If it's not received in a reasonable period of time, please contact an administrator at mysteriousb@dsboards.com or midnite@dsboards.com.  You probably want to note those somewhere in the event you find yourself in this position.

The password that the forums give out is hard enough to remember, but you can change your pw back to the one you had before or to one you've made up yourself by following this procedure:

Log onto the forum, if necessary, using your current password
Open your profile
In the top section titled "Required Information", enter your current password
Scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and enter your desired password twice (next to "Choose password" and "Verify password")
Click "Change profile"

Many thanks to Cassandra for volunteering to act as our tester.[92c5]Without her help, we wouldn't have been able to pass this info along.  :D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:For members with AOL, Compuserve, and Road Runner
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 07:28:04 PM »
Thanks so much, Cassandra. You have no idea what a huge favor you've done for us and how much you've helped to simplify our jobs.

[9050]    [bigok]    [crowdhappy]    [bigok]    [9050]

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
Well, this is good news but I'll keep my Yahoo address since I use both Yahoo and Roadrunner emails anyway.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 10:23:59 AM »
Thanks so much, Cassandra. You have no idea what a huge favor you've done for us and how much you've helped to simplify our jobs.

You're welcome, and this is the first time that AOL has ever done anything right by me!    Im glad that it worked![clap][hello]

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 09:19:59 AM »
Thanks Cassandra,  I had to use a yahoo email address to get to the board but I find it so much more easier to use just one email address for everything.

Deb