Author Topic: Private Messages Problem  (Read 772 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Private Messages Problem
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
Hi mods.   For a long time now, something, presumably site upgrades, have made me unable to send private messages... or occasionally, I can send one only before the window goes tilt, and shuts itself down.  I'd gotten used to the problem clearing up whenever a holiday format was adopted for this site.   This time though, the same thing happens with the Halloween version.

This has been a great, big crowbar stuck into my ability to socialize personally on DS Forums, and get to know people here better.   If at all possible, I need to get help fixing this problem.  It probably isn't possible without an upgrade to my computer that I can't do, because it's too old, and getting new equipment is just out of the question, money-wise.

Maybe though, Benefactissimo, Midnite, dom, or others may have a genius idea as to how to get around this problem with my existing computing equipment.   Please help if you can, it would be much appreciated...

[skelleton_runs] [skull_winks]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Private Messages Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
And make it snappy! I haven't talked to this boy in ages.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
The problem in the past has been your outdated browser. And are you still using Windows 98? If so, there's nothing we can suggest because, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the current set of updated browsers won't work with Win98. [ghost_sad]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »
What I figured... Janet you have my e-mail address right?  With my eye thing, going back through all old e-mails for yours would be a daunting thing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:31:45 AM »
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
Thanks very much, Janet.   

[skull_winks]