Author Topic: Blank Screen after selecting "mark read" or "ignore"  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Blank Screen after selecting "mark read" or "ignore"
« on: September 02, 2003, 01:33:06 AM »
MB--wondering. . what setting i must've set wrong. . when i select 1) search new and 2) want to 'ignore or mark read'  a string. . the IE screen refreshes blank .. white.  WhaddEYE do??

J99
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Blank Screen after selecting "mark read" or "ignore"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 03:41:29 AM »
I honestly have no idea. But this time around the same thing is happening to me in IE too.  :-   (Works fine in Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror and Galeon, though.)

One thing I can say is try to be patient. When we convert over to the new system, the SearchNew feature will be almost totally different from the way it is now...

What I'd also suggest is that after you've read the threads that interest you, go back to the BoardIndex (the forum's main page) and click on the "mark as read" button. That way none of the threads that you didn't read will come up the next time you use SearchNew unless new posts have been made to them. ;)

I might also suggest that you dump IE and choose to use a different browser - but that's entirely up to you. [wink2]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 04:42:58 AM »
(Works fine in Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror and Galeon, though.)

I might also suggest that you dump IE and choose to use a different browser - but that's entirely up to you. [wink2]

Never heard of Konqueror or Galeon!!

Is it working with the newer versions of Netscape now?  I thought we had to use IE.  It's practically the only thing I use it for.  Right now I have Netscape 7 and I intend to get 7.1 in a week or so.
Josette

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 06:20:43 PM »

And you recommend?? I am over IE so i'm game for something new. . .
Julia99

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 12:42:16 PM »
Okay. .i downloaded Mozilla last night. . and look at the message I got when i tried to read the Forum on it this a.m. :
Unfortunately, the browser you're currently using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 has security issues with Dark Shadows Forums. Until further notice, in order to access the forum, you must use MSIE 4.0 or later or Netscape 6.0, 6.1 or 6.2. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 08:16:52 PM »
Never heard of Konqueror or Galeon!!

They're browsers for Linux. ;)

Is it working with the newer versions of Netscape now?  I thought we had to use IE.  It's practically the only thing I use it for.  Right now I have Netscape 7 and I intend to get 7.1 in a week or so.

Okay. .i downloaded Mozilla last night. . and look at the message I got when i tried to read the Forum on it this a.m. :
Unfortunately, the browser you're currently using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 has security issues with Dark Shadows Forums. Until further notice, in order to access the forum, you must use MSIE 4.0 or later or Netscape 6.0, 6.1 or 6.2. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

We've mentioned before that Netscape 7.x, Mozilla and Opera have security issues with the forum. As the error says, the only alternative to IE has been Netscape 6.0 through 6.2 (which are all still available for download from Netscape's Web site). However, I've found workarounds for most of the issues I'd had with 7.x, Mozilla and Opera. I was going to wait until the new system gets installed to clear them for use, but perhaps I can find the time to clear them sooner. :)