Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0499  (Read 638 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0499
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
Robservations #499

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0499

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
Just as she did in 1795, Cassangelique has no compunctions about ruining the lives of however many Collinses and their friends that it takes so she can get what she wants. It's such a shame about Tony and Carolyn--they could have had a lifetime of fun together trading lighthearted barbs. He would have steadied her, and she would have cheered him up.

Although Cassangelique wears a cloak and hood to cover herself, the cloak is mini length and shows that her legs stay youthful even as her face and hands are ravaged as Sam ages her portrait.

And just as in 1795, Barnabas brings unwelcome consequences to anyone he asks to help him. But poor Sam! First Laura burns his hands, and now this.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
Sam continues work on the portrait, now considerably aged, while in the garden at Collinwood, a cloaked and desperate Angelique tries to locate the portrait with all the power and will at her command but to no avail.

Tony, no doubt summoned during the opening title, shows up for a grateful Cassandra. She reveals her aged self to him (and us) and explains what is happening to her. And with the help of his lighter asks Tony to help her to locate who might be aging the portrait. He mentions two possible artists and Cass/Ange decides that Sam is the one. Just then, a sarcastic Carolyn busts the duo at what she thinks is a tryst. Tony tries to explain but Carolyn will have none of it. She threatens Cass with telling Roger and Cass barely gets through warning her not to when we see Sam stroking the face in the portrait to which brings Cass unbearable pain. Carolyn almost cares but Cass runs off into the night with Tony wanting to chase her but Carolyn warns him that they will be through is he does. He stays with Carolyn and she asks why it was a difficult decision and he says he wished he knew. Carolyn questions him and he tries to be as honest as possible but it’s not assuring to Carolyn. She gives the sad-sack speech and Tony throws his own on her. Car’ decides to have a showdown with Cass and Tony begs her not to saying Cass is dangerous and has some kind of power over people and Car’ assures him her family’s power is the greatest in all the land. Fed up with the situation, Car’ decides to say goodbye – forever.

Sam has aged the portrait considerably since last we saw. Cass/Ange comes to visit Sam. She welcomes herself in and shows Sam how she looks and tells him she is the woman in the portrait, it’s hers and she wants it back. Sam throws her out and she threatens him as she leaves. As Sam returns to and faces the portrait, he starts losing his sight. Ange’s spell is so fierce that it affects the videotape. Sam goes blind. Ange comes back in and takes the portrait and gives Sam the ol’ ‘I told you so!’ on her way out. Panic stricken, he falls to the floor in pursuit and pleads with her not to leave him, “…like this, I’…” then the blind Sam Evans manages to find the camera and pitifully state, “I’m blind!”

Afterthoughts: Nice gams for an old lady. Poor Sam. Poor Carolyn. Poor Tony. I guess the hood was better than a veil or one of those mosquito hats? Carolyn couldn’t tell Cass was six million years old from 15 feet away? Hey, Sam! That ain’t no way to treat a 200-year-old lady! Angry Carolyn – kinda funny. Cass/Ange wins again. Cloak and hood, courtesy of Ohrbach’s? Wonder how many fans went there and tried to buy one? Come to think of it, I wonder how many fans shopped at Ohrbach’s and bought anything they saw worn on DS?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
Angelique in  hooded mini-cape apparently needs to have a conenection with the painting and for some reason has lost it. Carolyn does not seem to notice that Cassandra is grey and aged. I guess she figures she forgot to use her Clairol and put on her make-up for the day.  Actually Nancy Barrett looks older and different. I think she looked younger in Black and White.  Perhaps being involved with David Ford has made her haggard looking. Sam is blinded and Cassandra departs in a shaky way un unaged legs. I forgot to look at her hands to see if they had stayed aged.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:11 PM »
She's wearing black gloves in the final scene.