Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0419  (Read 810 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0419
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »
Robservations #419

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0419

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »
Welcome Mr. Mooney sans Lucy, and Suki, who appears to belch during her first fade-out to a commercial.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Barnabas resists temptation and doesn't bite Josette. He sends her away, but she's hurt and confused.

Millicent is wearing the same dress that Carolyn will wear to Barnabas’s costume party in 1967. Now we can see that it is pale yellow. Nathan is trying to fix a date for the wedding (with the help of the Farmers Almanac). Later, Millicent is shocked that Josette went out alone and even more shocked that she saw Barnabas.

Two actors have made the trip to 1795 to reprise their 1967 roles. The sole customer is played by George McCoy, reprising his role in the Blue Whale. Nathan has just ordered a rum from the bartender, Mr. Mooney, played by Bob O’Connell, who plays the bartender at the Blue Whale.

I like Suki's traveling clothes, but I don't much care for her necklace/choker made of little cameos.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:39:42 AM »
Just when I was wondering if there were and townspeople, it turns out there are and the Blue Whale is called the Eagle.  The curls on Millicents hair remind me of a poodle. Suki Forbes shows up and is revealed to be the wife of Nahan abandoned and broke. I'm sensing a Jane Austen rip off here. The bartender blabs to Suki that Nathan is to marry richly.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »
Suki Forbes shows up and is revealed to be the wife of Nahan abandoned and broke. I'm sensing a Jane Austen rip off here.
Really?  I'm trying to think of a Jane Austen novel in which an abandoned wife shows up, and coming up blank.  I can think of some unmarried girls who were abandoned, but not wives.

Anyway, "abandoned and broke" is not how I think of Suki.  She may be both abandoned and broke - in fact, she may be abandoned and broke at several points during her life - but she'll always pull herself out of her straitened circumstances and be back to having lobster and champagne for dinner.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
Welcome back, Lydia!  [snow_smiley]

There are a couple of elopements in Jane Austen, including an adulterous one, but no abandoned wives that I can think of.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:31 AM »
Frid really does a great pre-bite. I love Barn's self control/restraint. Frid & Scott are fantastic together here. The whole of the scenes in the mausoleum between them are perfectly written and wonderfully acted. What a treat.

Nathan: "How much do you want?"    Suki: "How much do you have?"

I'm surprised Josette is flappin' her gums about Barn. Millicent is finally becoming interesting and relevant and watchable.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
I also love JF and KLS together. They are utterly believable.