Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0412  (Read 681 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0412
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
Robservations #412

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0412

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »
In the opening sequence it looks like Natalie is wearing a gem studded leather harness, and I am not talking about plowing, at least not the kind you do with a horse in a field anyway. It's very distracting. It's painfully obvious that the French in Martinique have no taste in fashion. 99% of her clothes are ugly as hell. And Josette looks like Juliet (though lovely) in blue velvet.

Who knew Josette could be so vindictive! Not a bad scene with Josette & Vicki. Nicely done by both actresses. It looks as though Vicki is on her way to becoming the main focus of the story-line.

Vicki & Peter -- No complaints from this viewer. Vicki wants to go to Collinwood to retrieve the Family History book that Josette plans to turn over to the authorities in order to help convict Vicki of witchcraft to avenge Barnabas' death, and Peter warns her that there have been attacks in the village and she could be in danger if he lets her out. Ultimately he decides to let Vicki go but has decided that he will accompany her. I guess I missed the scene where he becomes her lawyer.

My heart just sank - Trask just showed up at Collinwood. He is accusing Vicki of managing the attacks of women in the village. Natalie & Josette inform him that they are willing to help him expedite matters. This is so distressing -- as a kid I would have been so depressed seeing this.

Oh, crap, Natalie just walked in on Vicki rummaging through Josette's room. And now she's yelling for Trask to come upstairs! Not that it would have helped her in any way, but I so wish Vicki knew about the secret panel to get out of the room. But of course, it would just look like she disappeared using witchcraft. And yeah, I know, that's assuming that there is a secret panel to begin with.

Well, what do you know? Vicki is gone! I noticed that the bed is raised on a block so I am guessing that she is hiding under the bed. Why none of the three of them thought to check under the bed is beyond me, lol. It's the second place I would have looked once I saw she was not behind the window curtain and I had checked to see if the window was locked.

Oh, Vicki does know about the secret panel. Oh how I wish someone would punch Trask in the face. Lacey is fantastic in this role. I now have to wonder if Josette will lie in court and say she saw Vicki at Collinwood. It is most probable that Trask would lie and Natalie actually did see her -- Josette is the wild card. I don't think Natalie would lie if she were asked if Trask did in fact see Vicki at Collinwood. When push comes to shove, Natalie usually falls on the noble side of the fence -- well, so far anyway.

This episode was okay and for the most part, well-acted and better than 'filler' as it moved the story along nicely and with substance. I would imagine any fan would wonder what part Barnabas will play in Vicki's future now that he is back and probably quite able to come to her rescue.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:51:10 AM »
I want to know what rationalization was used in the 17th century to "explain" how witches could be incarcerated successfully.  They must have had one

Edit!    It came during Josette's and Vicki's talk.   Ny wild guess is that Roger Davis farted.   I'm so unfair, and I don't care.... not today anyway.   ****  Bradford and Vicki make the first of what are sure to be many blunders in constructing aka sabotaging their case:   dashing off to retrieve the Book without a well-defined reason, putting Bradford in danger of an accusation of collusion, and at least being fired as her guard.   Then they're damned if they admit to the deed, and damned of course if they don't.   They couldn't have anticipated all of the resulting problems, but I say that if you take an extreme, drastic action, think things through, and make sure the payoff is definite and clear-cut. 

Trask commits Josette and himself to lying and saying they saw Vicki at Collinwood, or tries to...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
Peter and Vicki seem to be doing everything they can to ensure that Vicki will hang.

Nice, cold Josette by KLS here.

MT, interesting question about how witches were kept prisoner. If the good people of Collinsport followed the old belief that cold iron could stop a spell caster, just the bars on Vicki's cell would have been enough.

JL is really enjoying being Trask, I think. But when I was a kid, we were taught that only the Creator could be in two places at once. He's certainly willing to lie in a good cause, but I'll bet Josette isn't.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
I want to know what rationalization was used in the 17th century to "explain" how witches could be incarcerated successfully. They must have had one

Does stuf'npidity count as rationalization?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
Josette accusses Vickie of killing Barnabas and vows revenge. Josette has proven to be much more than just the devoted love of Barnabas that was implied by him in some versions of her story. Roger Davis seems very subdued in his performance; perhaps, it is  because he is new.  The Rev knows that Barnabas is dead? It seems that he would not be told. When did Vickie know that there is a secret panel? And I didn't notice it on the wall. It seems that when it does appear there is some kind of moudling to hide the lines. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
I believe the secret panel is in the room that will eventually become Vicki's in the twentieth century. Elizabeth also told her that it was her room before she got married. In some unfulfilled plan of mischief, David might have told Vicki about the secret panel, hoping she would get lost in the passageway after he locked her in. In the end, though, the West Wing was good enough for his purposes.