Author Topic: PT Characters  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
PT Characters
« on: June 16, 2003, 02:08:22 PM »
I'm seeing these eps for the first time. Maggie is very Vicky-like with her long dark hair. I would have liked to see AM in this part--Vicky as mistress of Collinwood even if it had to be PT. Grayson Hall as Hoffman--I like her in this part. She does not rely on  the mannerisms (grimaces) so far that I've seen. I like seeing JK as WHL though I like Willie best.
MM

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re:PT Characters
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 10:30:44 PM »
I was just reading on another PT1970 thread that it's too bad Maggie is portrayed as such a ninny and that she let herself get run out of town.  It's too bad they couldn't have gotten Alexandra Moltke for the Maggie role in PT.  It would have freed up TLATLKS to do the movie and it would have shown an alternative for Victoria Winters.  Oh well... ::)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:32:02 AM »
It's too bad they couldn't have gotten Alexandra Moltke for the Maggie role in PT.

AM approached DC about returning to the show, but she only wanted to come back if she could play a character with a dark side. DC wouldn't hear of that because he felt she was too identified with sweet Vicki in the viwers' minds. But I think it could have been great if she might have played Carolyn's bitchy, older sister and Liz's daughter in PT. She might have also been Roger's favorite - and just think of the trouble those two might have caused together. But alas...

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 06:48:03 AM »
But alas...

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

I don't watch so much anymore (read: terrible DS fan), but I've always thought they didn't capitalize enough on the wild possibilites of an alternate universe.  It really gave them an opportunity to rewrite the "non-supernatural" history of DS- and as a Vicki fan, I too have thought about roles AM could've played.

...but alas...
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 08:35:22 AM »
It's too bad they never let Maggie's character regain her original "omph" that she had in the very early days as a waitress but after Barnabas got ahold of her that was it.  She did seem to get a little better though during the Leviathan story, especially when she teamed up with Barnabas to try and get rid of Jeb and stop the cause, but now with this new storyline I see she's right back to square one again playing the helpless victim.

It would have been nice to see Vicky play the part also but I guess like others have mentioned, she was tired of playing the helpless victim all the time.   I think she could have played a convincing villian if she really wanted to because she did have alot of gumption when she put her mind to it.  This became more apparent especially during the Laura/pheonix storyline when she fought to save David from his mother.

BTW,  Welcome back Miles-23!   It's nice to see you posting again! :)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 06:53:05 PM »
I guess I can't say I blame A.M for not wanting to return to the show,  I guess it does get tiring after awhile playing the helpless victim over and over again.

They didn't necessarily have to give her a real evil part to play, she didn't have to be as bad as Angelique,  just not as innocent and helpless as before.

I feel D.C. should have at least gave her a chance at it,  after all look at Prof Stokes and Julia?   Who would have thought they could play evil parts when they're characters were first introduced on the show?   And yet they play it off nicely.

Deb

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 07:47:41 PM »
 >:D  Oh how delicious!!  A.M. as a villainess!! That was an opportunity wasted. I want to scream at Maggie's PT wimpy character. Julia's new character reminds me of the ever-present household servant in the old (B/W) horror movies. She does it so well. I have to say that my favorite PT character is Chris Pennock in his dual role. (Coming up)
                                                                                Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 09:37:40 PM »
I like MB's idea - Vicki returns as Elizabeth's older daughter from her first marriage, Carolyn's step-sister, and being a real snotty thing.  Whereas so many of the PT characters go around and voice their dislike of the dead Angelique pretty much under their breath, the I-don't-take-any-crap Victoria could've been the one who just blurts it out anytime and anywhere, especially if it irks the Angelique lovers like Hoffman, Roger, et. al.  The new-and-improved Bitchy Vicky could've made for a real interesting person in the story line.  Because she loves to get a rise outta people, basically very few like her.  However, she takes to Maggie because she knows Maggie will be a thorn in the side of the pro-Angeliquians, and could've been a good nemisis against Angie, allying with Barnabas.  [spoiler]I can even see her having some involvement in the Yaeger story, the one female who scares him.[/spoiler]  Oh, the stuff they coulda done!

Gerard

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 09:55:36 PM »
Gerard, you make the role sound like so much fun I'd have loved to have played it myself!!!  Actors always say it's more fun to play bad than good. [vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 03:21:05 PM »
Wooo, Gerard!  That's a really hot idea - Vicki the PTAngelique hater.  The only woman who can scare Yaeger.  Fanfic, anyone?
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 01:52:24 AM »
It's too bad they couldn't have gotten Alexandra Moltke for the Maggie role in PT.

AM approached DC about returning to the show, but she only wanted to come back if she could play a character with a dark side. DC wouldn't hear of that because he felt she was too identified with sweet Vicki in the viwers' minds. But I think it could have been great if she might have played Carolyn's bitchy, older sister and Liz's daughter in PT. She might have also been Roger's favorite - and just think of the trouble those two might have caused together. But alas...

I agree...I don't think 'soap' viewers back then could've accepted AM as above; now though, your average viewer would revel in it!
What a Woman!

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 08:45:07 AM »
I agree...I don't think 'soap' viewers back then could've accepted AM as above; now though, your average viewer would revel in it!

Im in agreement with you Patti.  Im having a hard enough time trying to accept Julia as Hoffman in this storyline.  But she does play it off so well.  I imagine it could have been the same for Vicky but like you've mentioned the viewers would have a hard time accepting this back then.

Deb

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 02:04:03 PM »

Im in agreement with you Patti.  Im having a hard enough time trying to accept Julia as Hoffman in this storyline.  But she does play it off so well.  I imagine it could have been the same for Vicky but like you've mentioned the viewers would have a hard time accepting this back then.

Deb

I was wondering if that's the reason the PTB didn't want Joel Crothers in the Quentin role.  He did a great job as Nathan Forbes but maybe the fans at the time didn't like him in that role.  Or not.  Just a guess.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 10:51:11 PM »
Hey gang,

If there had been a PT counterpart of Phillip Todd, do you think that old Phil would still be sporting that groovy hairdo, Mr. Rogers cardigan sweater, and those absolutely God awful, ugly #ss gray plaid pants of his?

Bob the Bartender, who does all of his clothes shopping via the internet with the fine folks from Habands.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 01:41:20 AM »
..... do you think that old Phil would still be sporting ..... those absolutely God awful, ugly #ss gray plaid pants of his?

Every kid in my daughter's high school wears those plaid pants....they're PAJAMA BOTTOMS for cryin' out loud!!! ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas