Author Topic: bella in bazaar  (Read 1510 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
bella in bazaar
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
the february issue of harper's bazaar does a round up of 2012's "best dressed" models and actresses...

featured is "aussie stunner" bella heathcote. although she's just referred to as johnny depp's "love interest" in 'dark shadows'(no need to try and explain the vicki/maggie/josette pastiche to the uninitiated)they images that accompany her mention were done on the international ds press tour and indeed heathcote was stunning and quite chic.

in an updo and heavier bang than she wore in the film and frocks by chanel and pucci bella turned it out!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: bella in bazaar
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:14:50 AM »
Nice to see she's getting such upscale exposure.  Evidently she can use it.  Her one other major 2012 title is something called "Not fade away," an indie film from a guy named David Chase, who is a Sopranos alumni (not sure in what capacity).  Heathcote played the lead character's girlfriend, another supporting role.  It sounds as if she did have slightly more screentime in that than was the case in Depp Shadows.

She has no 2013 or 2014 titles listed on IMDB which seems odd for such an attractive, obviously talented actress.  Maybe she needs to get a new agent.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:15 AM »
Her part in Not Fade Away looks very interesting. But who knows if any of us will ever get to see it in a theater because so far it's only been out for three weeks in very limited release and I haven't seen any indications that it's ever going to open wide. It seems like one that those of us who are interested in will have to wait for on DVD/Blu-ray. And even though Amazon is already accepting pre-orders, there's no actual released date yet.

And thanks for the heads up, michael c - I'll definitely check out the issue.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:58:46 AM »
I'd enjoy seeing Not fade away, with the Sixties music theme, and as you know MB, I always enjoy a more character-drive story than something with lots of flash and glitz.  It's really too bad if the movie isn't getting a crack at a wider market.  There doesn't seem to be room in US theatres any longer for the kind of picture that is about average people with average dreams trying to make something out of their lives--one thinks of Marty in the Fifties.

I do hope Heathcote can get more work.  I think she's very talented even though I have no comment to make regarding her work in the Burton-Depp project.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
no thoughts on "magatoria" g? c'mon...

it is odd that heathcote doesn't have more projects in the pipeline. hollywood loves an ingenue and the saucer-eyed bella certainly fits the bill.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
I always enjoy a more character-drive story than something with lots of flash and glitz.  It's really too bad if the movie isn't getting a crack at a wider market.  There doesn't seem to be room in US theatres any longer for the kind of picture that is about average people with average dreams trying to make something out of their lives--one thinks of Marty in the Fifties.

Today, they'd think we need to have a chiseljawed model to star in it instead of Ernest Borgnine.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
I keep forgetting to mention that ES.TV did a segment on Not Fade Away on Tuesday, and it featured several clips of Bella:

It's nice to see the film getting some promotion on at least one of the entertainment shows.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »
Great shots of her. Thanks, MB. 

G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
She reminds me a lot of Jean Shrimpton and Julie Christie.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »
Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, Uncle Roger - but it's true.  [snow_smiley]

On Monday, Bella was featured again on ES.TV - this time in her own interview (though two of her costars were also there but didn't say much). And while some of the same clips for the film were used again, there was also some new stuff. Here are some screen caps from the segment:

And an interesting detail that came out during the segment is that the film shot at the same time that DS did. Who knew? Especially considering there was never any mention of her concurrently shooting it at the same time. And it's not like David Chase is some unknown producer/director/writer. But I suppose even he can be overshadowed by Tim Burton.

And another even more interesting thing is that according to Box Office Mojo the film's last day in theaters was supposedly last Friday (and I say supposedly because we all know how several films, including DS, still played in theaters long after BOM said they'd 'officially' closed). But perhaps segments on the film are still running in the hope of boosting DVD/Blu-ray sales/rentals (even though Amazon still doesn't have a release date for them).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »
I didn't realize until just a few minutes ago that this morning ES.TV repeated the above segment with Bella Heathcote. And normally they do such repeats when the DVD/Blu-ray of a film is close to coming out or just come out. So, I just checked Amazon - and sure enough Not Fade Away is out on video. In fact, it's been out since April 30th, so who knows why it took the show so long to repeat one of its NFA segments? But better late than never.  [ghost_wink]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 12:39:14 AM »
I forgot to post this a few weeks back...

miss heathcote snagged an ultra-coveted invite(no easy feat)to the hyper-exclusive metropolitan museum costume institute gala. this year's theme is "punk:from chaos to couture".

here's bella looking less than chaotic in chanel haute couture and some angelique worthy eye makeup http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/05/met-gala-bella-heathcote-in-chanel.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
Thanks for the link to the Met Gala pic, michael c.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 02:02:27 AM »
Bella is stunning in that photo!  I hope she's enjoying NYC.

G.