Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0364  (Read 648 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0364
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Robservations - #364

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0364

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
One of the all-time greatest episodes ever. JF, GH and even SS shine in this one.

Unnoticed by Barnabas and Sarah, Julia revives and watches with rapt attention--and even compassion--as the scene before her unfolds. Thoroughly ashamed, Barnabas doesn't dare look Sarah in the eye. Wonderful moment when the dreadful vampire is on his knees before his little ghost sister, ordering and then pleading with her to stay.

Still worse for Barnabas is the fact that Julia has seen him at his most vulnerable, so of course he is furious with her, especially when she tries to comfort him. Even as he throws her out of the Old House, she must have some hope that her love for him hasn't been misplaced--because he is still capable of human feelings, even if not for her.

Elizabeth is wearing the hideous yellow caftan that unfortunately makes a return appearance in HoDS. JB and AM are very touching in the scene where Vicki tells Elizabeth that she refuses to give up hope, because otherwise Burke will be gone forever.

Sarah visits David in his room to continue their interrupted conversation. arah warns him, The dead have come back. Someone in the house is in great danger from them. It isn’t you, she tells him but refuses to say whether it’s his father, his aunt, or Carolyn. Then she disappears, despite David's pleas. [spoiler]As far as I know, David will never see her again.[/spoiler]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »
Love seeing Julia run from Barn. Very funny.

Burke's dead. Very sad for Vicki. I didn't remember that he was confirmed dead. Pictured MR and felt very sad.

Julia defending David re: Sarah is a very intriguing close to the episode.

Hated AM's eye makeup. LOL, Darklady, as I watched Liz saunter around the first floor in that "hideous yellow caftan" my first thought was that if I were a woman of Liz's means I would do nothing but walk around my mansion all day in a dress like that.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 03:55:06 AM »
A storm rages as Roger and Elizabeth discuss David. Julia states that Sarah is a ghost and proposes a seance and Barnabas objects. Julia reveals she has participated in a seance before.  They must be in an unbroken circle and think of Sarah.  Vickie appears out of it and when Carolyn fakes a trance she reveals that it is a lie and Vickie is possessed of Sarah.  She babbles, disappears and is gone replaced by Phyliss Wick and Vickie appears in the woods or is she in the spirit world with the dead.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times