Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0352  (Read 723 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0352
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »
Robservations - #352

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0352

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Not the most exciting episode ever, but it's fun to see how the Julia-Carolyn War is now fully under way. They have some fun scenes together, arguing over which of them is best able to help Barnabas.

Poor David! No one will believe him now--which is exactly Barnabas's goal.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
Love the music (I, Barnabas intro) used for the opening scene, not only for itself alone but for it's use here with the entranced 'floating' Carolyn. I love almost all of the DS music library and I really enjoy when it is perfectly matched to a scene. For me this is one of those times.

Did anyone think that Carolyn might kill David? I think I would have thought so had I watched during the original run. Barrett tripped on her lines a few times but the scene worked very well.

I very much enjoyed the first scene between Barrett and Hall. I am curious as to where Carolyn's bad attitude/nastiness towards Julia is coming from; Jealousy over Barnabas? Loyalty to Barnabas? It almost seems as though Carolyn thinks of Julia as her servant, as though having a foothold in both worlds gives her status above Julia. The whole scene was great and the last part of the scene was sublime. I'd have to list it among my favorites.

Has Julia's reason for keeping Vicki away from Barnabas been established? Is it jealousy on Julia's part or is she trying to protect an innocent Vicki? Well, if there were any doubts, it's clear that Vicki is beholden to Burke and not interested in Barnabas with her admission (even under hypnosis) that she is not even open to the idea of marrying Barnabas.

I like the pace the writers are setting having Carolyn being on to Julia so quickly.  It made the episode somewhat suspenseful and I am eager to see what develops in the next episode. 

I enjoyed this episode. Barrett & Hall are marvelous together. I liked the all acting and the writing, and the pace is moving along nicely.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
Well, I guess this episode was much more exciting to see than to read my old notes about!

I always thought that Julia was pretty conflicted about why she was keeping Vicki away from Barnabas--jealousy, of course, but I'm sure she was also protecting Vicki. But even now, Vicki's heart still belongs to the late Burke Lite.

I don't think I ever imagined that Carolyn would actually kill David--maybe just drive him crazy enough that he'd have to be sent away. She certainly was scary when she woke him up at the ungodly (for her) hour of 6:00 a.m.!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:07 AM »
6 AM, lol. David stated that he's never known Carolyn to have trouble sleeping. I thought that was cute.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
B&W again. Carolyn tells David he will be sent away to a home fore the mentally disturbed unless he stops the stories.  I don't quite get the continued hypnosis of Vickie. Isn't once enough as with Maggie? I guess it's just so Carolyn can get suspicious.  No news from Brazil yet.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times