Author Topic: Cheap insufferable pig day  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Cheap insufferable pig day
« on: May 30, 2003, 12:51:29 PM »
The pig stuff in the graphics is funny. You have really outdone yourself this time, MB![lghb]
MM

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Cheap insufferable pig day
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 01:14:08 PM »

ROF[a1f5]...LOL[lol2]

Always, Minja [clap][/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 03:01:54 PM »
I'm dying here... THANK YOU MB for adding the perfect dollop of sardonic humor to an otherwise wretched Friday!

I did have the show on for a bit this a.m. and got to hear Roger's tirade on the phone.  TOO delicious!

G.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 03:19:44 PM »
WHERE did you get the image of the Piggy puppet?  It looks demonic enough to have appeared on the show!  And of course, Jebez' new look is a distinct improvement.

Guess you're not really all that overworked around here after all, if you have time to indulge in THIS sort of thing!   [smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 03:50:47 PM »
WHERE did you get the image of the Piggy puppet?  It looks demonic enough to have appeared on the show!  And of course, Jebez' new look is a distinct improvement.

Guess you're not really all that overworked around here after all, if you have time to indulge in THIS sort of thing!   [smrtasb]

That stuffed pig is very creepy.  It looks sort of like an ancient gargoyle.  Well, it is a nice sunny day so I think I'll grill some cheap, insufferable pig in honor of  Cheap, Insufferable Pig Day.  Good job, MB
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 04:39:39 PM »
[I think I'll grill some cheap, insufferable pig in honor of  Cheap, Insufferable Pig Day.

Oh, excellent idea, onyx_treasure!!!  Thanks for thinking up dinner for me!  I'll go get some Cheap Insufferable Pig out of the freezer right now!!  ;D ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 06:28:20 PM »
MB...it's a beautiful day here in NJ...of course, it's gonna RAIN AGAIN this weekend.

Plus, I ran a personal errand during work; got back in the car, my key wouldn't turn in the ignition >:( :-X

So, MB, our friend...thank you.....lol

LOVE that each and every turn....IT'S A DIFFERENT CHEAP, INSUFFERABLE PIG!!

Oink,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 06:34:34 PM »

It's amazing what you can find with the right search engine and what you can do with the right graphics software. (Once I'd found that particular pig, I knew it just had to be a part of this because, as you say, it looks so demonic (and gargoyle-like, as onyx_treasure mentioned).) And believe it or not, from conception to execution, everything you see on the forum today to celebrate this festive Cheap, Insufferable Pig day took only about 30 minutes to find and put together.

I'm glad everyone seems to be getting a real kick out of it because that was certainly my reason for doing it. [laugh]

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2003, 06:48:30 PM »
That stuffed pig is very creepy.  It looks sort of like an ancient gargoyle. 

LOL!! You right Onxy_Treasure.  I've been trying to figure out just what it reminds me of!   Although I wouldn't want this one hanging out on my front porch!

MB. great idea!  I love it!

[crowdhappy] [crowdhappy]

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Cheap Insufferable Pig Day
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 07:56:20 PM »
I really like the ornaments on Jeb's face and the two little Babe-lets on the two boards but I have to ask ... is this really Insufferable Pig Day or does it have to do with the episodes?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 08:16:36 PM »
Is this how Jeb looks in his natural form?  ::)

Nice decorating, MB!  :)

ProfStokes

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Isufferable pig day??
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2003, 08:28:21 PM »
I guess I'm lost.  is there some sort of inside story to all the pig pictures on the board today?
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 08:38:59 PM »
"Cheap Insufferable Pig" is a phrase Roger Collins used to describe Jeb during a phone conversation with Quentin.  He delivered the line this morning, as only Roger could, so it was very funny.

Apparently this line of dialogue amuses the hell out of MB...who now has us all celebrating "Cheap Insufferable Pig" day in honor of the occasion.  ;)
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2003, 08:56:41 PM »
Apparently this line of dialogue amuses the hell out of MB...who now has us all celebrating "Cheap Insufferable Pig" day in honor of the occasion.  ;)

When Luciaphil asked last week when that oh so memorable line was delivered, I told everyone that they should mark the "happy and much anticipated" event on their calendars for today - and then I went and marked our own here on the forum. Right there it should have been a tipoff for everyone to expect something! [wink2]

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2003, 09:54:33 PM »
Roger is a ODB....and I love him for it!  Only Roger could carry such an insult to Jebz...and have you howling for more. [argue]

As for the picture....oink oink.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.