Author Topic: Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2003, 02:41:50 AM »
 ???Willie ???
No, I just couldn't imagine Angelique and Willie! As much as I really like Willie, he's much to wimpy for Angelique.

Strangly enough, I think that Nathan Forbes would've been a good match for her. He's a gorgeous looking man and she's certainly beautiful and their temperments are quite similar.  >:D
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2003, 02:58:08 AM »
Angelique and Willie?  Please!  There'd have been nothing left of him but a puddle on the floor!

Willie and Angelique almost never interacted at all, if memory serves.  I can only think of the time he went to Collinwood shortly after his release from Wyndcliff and met "Mrs. Cassandra Blair Collins".....and the time she summoned him to the garden outside the French doors to pick his brain about what Barnabas was up to.

Were there any others?  ???
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 03:07:02 AM »
Were there any others?  ???

I don't think so - which makes WHL's, uh, "fascination" with her 1970PT counterpart all the more interesting.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2003, 03:25:51 AM »
I don't think so - which makes WHL's, uh, "fascination" with her 1970PT counterpart all the more interesting.

Snicker.....you make it sound downright lewd!  [9341]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2003, 09:30:03 PM »
I agree--Angelique went into Barnabas' embrace for comfort.  She had just suffered a devastating loss and he was her reminder/anchor of a different (and still tumultuous) life.

I was just disappointed she pulled the same love spell nonsense on Maggie and Quentin that she'd pulled on Jeremiah and Josette.  I had hoped that after all the years she's lived, everything she's been through, she'd have grown wiser.  Sadly, that wasn't the case.  After all, Angelique had moved on, why shouldn't Barnabas receive the same privilege?  Or was it the fact that Maggie was a Josette clone that raised the former Mrs. Barnabas Collins' ire?

Love, Robin

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2003, 10:12:55 PM »
I don't think Barnabas ever loved Angelique.  The whole point of their relationship in terms of the story was that she was a quick, easy lay who came back to haunt him in spades.

I do think his "declaration of love" in 1840 makes a weird kind of sense for the character.  He basically suffers from some sort of romantic ADHD--I have no idea what a qualified counselor would call it, but it's sort of like the more helpless and pouty the girl, the more Barnabas "loves" her.

In recent years I've come to think it would be cruel to think of Julia yoked to this befuddled boor for the remainder of her years.  I do love Connie's vision of a romantic triangle between Barnabas, Julia and Quentin a few years down the line from the end of the series.  In real life, what probably would have happened is that everyone else would have deserted poor old Barn except for Willie.  He would have stayed on, keeping the coffin hinges oiled and the bats out of the belfry.  or so I've thought.

G.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2003, 03:35:59 AM »
I don't think Barnabas ever loved Angelique.  The whole point of their relationship in terms of the story was that she was a quick, easy lay who came back to haunt him in spades
sort of Jessica w. and Clint in Play Misty for Me maybe barnabas should have pushed Angelique over a cliff!.
I do think his "declaration of love" in 1840 makes a weird kind of sense for the character.  He basically suffers from some sort of romantic ADHD--I have no idea what a qualified counselor would call it, but it's sort of like the more helpless and pouty the girl, the more Barnabas "loves" her.
maybe it was all those years cooped up in a coffin i'd like to see a counselor work with that!
In recent years I've come to think it would be cruel to think of Julia yoked to this befuddled boor for the remainder of her years.  I do love Connie's vision of a romantic triangle between Barnabas, Julia and Quentin a few years down the line from the end of the series.  In real life, what probably would have happened is that everyone else would have deserted poor old Barn except for Willie.  He would have stayed on, keeping the coffin hinges oiled and the bats out of the belfry.  or so I've thought.

G.
i like the idea of J with the Jennings boys living on some island
or is that my dream! ;)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2003, 05:50:01 AM »
i like the idea of J with the Jennings boys living on some island or is that my dream! ;)

I think that might be more than a few of this forum's posters' dream. [wink2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2003, 02:59:59 PM »
Hell, I like the idea of *me* on a desert island with those Jennings boys!

trying not to pant too heavily as it fogs up me screen,

G.

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2003, 08:14:21 PM »
???Willie ???
Strangly enough, I think that Nathan Forbes would've been a good match for her. He's a gorgeous looking man and she's certainly beautiful and their temperments are quite similar.  >:D

I can't imagine these together because Lt.Forbes was too much a flirt and womanizer to be loyal to just one woman.  And Angelique is definetely a "one man woman"   she would never put up with that stuff!

Deb

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2003, 11:46:27 PM »
i like the idea of J with the Jennings boys living on some island or is that my dream! ;)

I think that might be more than a few of this forum's posters' dream. [wink2]

I suppose i fall easily into this category .. .look to your left. . .  But back to the issue of Barnabas loving Angelique. . i think i go with Steve here. . .he loved whomever he couldn't have.  And really, Sam Hall's storyline and my own near-obsessive love of Julia aside, B would've ended up with Julia. . sure he would've strayed the *ss and she would've injected him with something nasty but still .. . they would've ended up man and wife.
Julia99

IluvBarnabas

Re: Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
Although I wish they would just end the Barnabas/Maggie thing at this point (since Josette already made it clear to Barnabas - get over it and move on already, buster!), it did allow Angelique to have Maggie and Quentin see little hearts.  For me, the Quentin/Maggie thing is one of the best couplings on the show.  I can't wait until PT1970!

I agree that at this point it was high time the writers got off the Barnabas/Josette tragedy and let Barnabas move on...pairing him up with Maggie wasn't the way to do it. Not only did Maggie's resemblance to Josette still played a major role in Barnabas' interest in her, demonstrating he STILL wouldn't move on from Josette, but their past history [spoiler] kidnapping her in 1967 and tried to brainwash her into being Josette [/spoiler] really puts a sour taste in any potential pairing between them.

They did drop the Barnabas/Maggie angle once Barnabas went into Parallel Time and (gag!) discovered Roxanne Drew. They should have explored his feelings for Julia because I just could never warm up to Roxanne because she was so dull, personality wise in 1970PT time anyway. At least in the regular time she managed to spark up some excitement and in 1840 she did have a lot more spunk in her.

As for Quentin and Maggie, I always felt the opposite...I always thought they were one of the worst pairings on the show (along with Barnabas and Parallel Roxanne) especially in Parallel Time. Maybe because I found them both annoying during that storyline.