Author Topic: Send the Flowers  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Send the Flowers
« on: May 26, 2003, 01:23:56 AM »
Well, it's official:  Adam is dead.  According to the late, great Dr. Eric Lang's tape recording, so long as Adam lives, Barnabas can't be vamped.  Well, Barnabas got vamped, so that means RIP for Adam.

That woulda been another interesting angle (and maybe a way to bring Adam back, even though I completely disliked the whole Adam story) for the Leviathan plot.  Barnabas gets bit, and........nothing happens.  Voila!  Must be Adam.  Barnabas is virtually indestructable because of him.  And, like I mentioned in an earlier post, technically Quentin is untouchable because of his Dorian Gray stashed away.  So Jeb has two enemies who can't be harmed.  He would have to have thought of other ways to try and vanquish them (and with Nicholas Blair back, knowing the whole Adam-Barnabas schtick, things really coulda gotten interesting).  Well, that's all water under the bridge now.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Send the Flowers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 01:38:22 AM »
Do you know Gerard...I never saw the 'ending' stuff (either of the last 2 times on) what happened w/Adam. I thought he had been 'destroyed'.

So he was presumably alive??

Living in Gstaad? ;)

Workin' on the railroad? ::)

A UNITED STATES SENATOR :-X

(i'll shut up now).

Your point is good though Bro.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 01:54:32 AM »
Well, it's official:  Adam is dead.  According to the late, great Dr. Eric Lang's tape recording, so long as Adam lives, Barnabas can't be vamped.  Well, Barnabas got vamped, so that means RIP for Adam.

I actually have a 104 chapter outline (JJR Tolkien has nothing on me ;)) for a fanfic story, part of which deals with what happened to Adam when Barn was vamped by Jeb. Who knows, maybe one day when I have some free time (stop that laughing, those of you who know what I'm referring to!!) I might actually sit down and finish it. After all, many writers are actually quite productive into their 80s and beyond. (And it'll probably take that long before I have enough free time. [lghy] But truthfully, I wouldn't change what I'm doing now with my free time for the world. :))

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 02:49:06 AM »
I actually have a 104 chapter outline (JJR Tolkien has nothing on me ;)) for a fanfic story, part of which deals with what happened to Adam when Barn was vamped by Jeb.

A 104 chapter outline?

That's the scariest damned thing I've ever read on this forum.  [shockeyes]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 03:23:20 AM »
A 104 chapter outline?

Well, let's just say I try to right several wrongs that in my estimation had been done on the show. And with so many to deal with, it takes that long. [wink2] But it also takes the story in several new, and I think, anyway, exciting directions. People who've read what I've written have liked what I've done. But unfortunately I've never found enough time to flesh out more than the first several chapters. And any who've held their breath in anticipation of more have long since died from exphyxia. [lghy]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 09:06:21 AM »

That's true Gerard and it does make you wonder whether or not Adam is really dead, since Barnabas is once again a vampire.  I find it so strange how  Barnabas & Julia never once mentioned a thing about Adam, since after all, he was the reason for Barnabas being cured.  Funny how fast they forget these things!!
Sometimes the story gets so darn confusing you don't know what to think anymore.  I wish they would just stick to the right plot.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
A 104 chapter outline?

Well, let's just say I try to right several wrongs that in my estimation had been done on the show. And with so many to deal with, it takes that long. [wink2] But it also takes the story in several new, and I think, anyway, exciting directions. People who've read what I've written have liked what I've done. But unfortunately I've never found enough time to flesh out more than the first several chapters. And any who've held their breath in anticipation of more have long since died from exphyxia. [lghy]
That's so true about trying to "fix" things when writing fan fiction, MB.  I wrote a first-draft novel when the HarperCollins book series started, with vain hopes of it maybe being accepted.  It was a where-are-they-now story, set around 2000, and to make things "work" some liberties had to be taken, especially regarding all those paradoxes when they went about time-traveling.  But it was a fun project (which, after all that work, will sadly never see the light of day - pardon me while I go blow my nose and wipe my eyes).

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 12:57:37 PM »
You are funny Gerard!!!  Hows the back
been feeling??? My hand is coming along
pretty good.   Love Anne ;D ;D :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 03:36:59 PM »

Was this ever on the web? The first few chapters of what was written? Or am I thinking of something else?
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 09:14:41 PM »
You are funny Gerard!!!  Hows the back
been feeling??? My hand is coming along
pretty good.   Love Anne ;D ;D :-*

The back's all healed, Annie!  Keep up with that hand of yours!  But I guess my heart will always be broken over never getting that novel published!

Gerard