Author Topic: Error  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Error
« on: May 21, 2003, 07:42:25 AM »
I suddenly noticed the "last post" listings for each topic and they are WAY OFF.  In the Announcements category it lists a post by me from back in February!!  When I actually go into the forum, all of the current items are there.

Several of the other categories list some posts from May 14 as the last ones.

I have no idea when this occurred.  I think it was working fine when I arrived.  I tried to refresh the board and got knocked off.  Every time I tried to get back in I got to a page that said:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 417

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: boardindex() in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/index.php on line 431

Obviously, I did finally get back, but I notice that those times are still incorrect.

P.S. to MB - I don't know if you noticed that I added another funny item to my computer question thread.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Error
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 08:08:47 AM »
I suddenly noticed the "last post" listings for each topic and they are WAY OFF.  In the Announcements category it lists a post by me from back in February!!  When I actually go into the forum, all of the current items are there.

Several of the other categories list some posts from May 14 as the last ones.

My fault. I'd moved some posts around the other day and forgot to have the system reset the boards. Oops. :-[ But thanks for reminding me - and I've fixed it.

I have no idea when this occurred.  I think it was working fine when I arrived.  I tried to refresh the board and got knocked off.  Every time I tried to get back in I got to a page that said:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 417

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: boardindex() in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/index.php on line 431

That was also me. I'd made some changes to the BoardIndex.php script and had accidentally typed a , where a . should have been. Computer languages are VERY unforgiving when it comes to punctuation typos. ;)

And actually, considering that everyone must know by now that we were offline early last week because of some software upgrades that our host had been installing, you'll notice that the Web page which includes the "Please don't be surprised by anything you might see or that might happen while you're there" warning is back up. In fact, I may just decide to leave it there permanently because I'm always likely to be tinkering, so no one should ever be surprised when they catch an error from time to time. [wink2]

P.S. to MB - I don't know if you noticed that I added another funny item to my computer question thread.

Yes, I saw them. :D

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 01:31:29 PM »
I read this post because LAST night (Tues) about 8pm est, I couldn't get on...as in "the page you want is offline/expired"

Hmm...anybody else?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 02:22:24 PM »
I had problems most of the day, yesterday, Patti, getting on to the forum's main board (and also my personal e-mail, through my ISP).

dom

PS - I took a much needed nap instead, what did you do?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 04:19:30 PM »
I read this post because LAST night (Tues) about 8pm est, I couldn't get on...as in "the page you want is offline/expired"

Hmm...anybody else?

Yes, that's when the forums weren't available, starting at around 7:30 your time.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 06:45:41 PM »
Yes, that's when the forums weren't available, starting at around 7:30 your time.

hmmm, I must have missed that entirely. I'd left the forum just before 7:30, and by the time I came back shortly before 10pm everything was working fine...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 08:40:32 PM »
Okay, it's now 3:30pm WEDNESDAY, I'm at home, url in address, no dice (times out, can't find the page).
Went to history, clicked on Monday's activity, got in.
But it's REAL[/u] slooowwww.

?????

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 09:08:38 PM »
I'm finding it very slow going too, Patti.  It's actually been that way, off and on, for a couple of days......real slow....then fine.....then real slow again.

The worst is when you've written a long post and you want to preview and it freezes and you have to sit there, frantic that you're going to loose it.   [nerv]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 09:42:54 PM »
The worst is when you've written a long post and you want to preview and it freezes and you have to sit there, frantic that you're going to loose it.   [nerv]

Whenever a post is slow to go through and you're afraid you might loose it, what you should do is click your mouse inside the textarea, click "Select All" from your browser's "Edit" menu and then click copy from the same menu. That way, if your Internet connection to the forum freezes up or the forum itself stops responding, you'll have a copy of your post in your computer's clipboard that you can simply paste into the textarea again if you loose your post, or paste/save as a file to copy/paste/post later on. :)

But it's REAL[/u] slooowwww.

Interestingly, I haven't noticed this. I wonder if I've just had lucky timing or if it's only along certain Internet pathways?

A few months back I came across a Web site that shows where bottlenecks are currently occurring on the Internet. But can I remember what it is right now? No. And it doesn't look as though I bookmarked it.  [7385]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 10:00:28 PM »
Must be the pathways - slow going for me right now. But I am getting connected. Yesterday (or was it the day before?) it was a no-go most of the time.

dom (who's wondering if this 90 degree weather has anything to do with it - it sure has me moving at a snails pace)

PS - I worship at the shrine of the person who created air conditioning...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 10:13:36 PM »
PS - I worship at the shrine of the person who created air conditioning...

That would be the Goddess of Peri-Menopause, dom... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 10:18:13 PM »
Whenever a post is slow to go through and you're afraid you might loose it, what you should do is click your mouse inside the textarea, click "Select All" from your browser's "Edit" menu and then click copy from the same menu.

Well, if that isn't the most useful damned thing I've learned in a LONG time!!

Thanks Pepe!!!!!
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 10:23:23 PM »
dom (who's wondering if this 90 degree weather has anything to do with it - it sure has me moving at a snails pace)

Maybe - it's a rainy 58 degrees here. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 10:25:35 PM »

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 10:59:35 PM »
Interesting.  The only time that I've had any problems lately was yesterday when the forum suddenly stopped responding at around 4:30 p.m. pacific and it came back online about an hour or so later.