Author Topic: Ya Know What Woulda Been Good....?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Ya Know What Woulda Been Good....?
« on: May 19, 2003, 12:54:56 AM »
if, instead of ick ick ICK! Gerard Stiles...TPTB woulda had Petofi haunting Collinwood.

Time travel, no problem...and there would've been motive.

Just my opinion...

Patti

who loved loved loved Petofi
What a Woman!

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re:Ya Know What Woulda Been Good....?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 01:03:18 AM »
Count Petofi was my very favorite villain too and I think you have a great idea Patti.  I always wanted Count Petofi to return.  I wasn't convinced that he was killed.  I thought he might have body-switched with Garth Blackwood.  But if he had come back as a ghost, it would have taken care of the "who plays Petofi" problem because Thayer David could do it.  I don't think the audience would like anyone else as Petofi, just mho.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 07:40:21 AM »
I agree with you both Patti and Eleanor.  I liked Petofi too and I thought he made a superb villian!  I always wished that the powers that be would bring him back the way they always did with Angelique.

Deb

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 09:49:47 AM »
I would liked to have seen Count Petofi come back again as a villian too.  Im not so sure about him replacing the part of Gerard though.

SPOILER......SPOILER..........SPOILER........SPOILER.....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Gerard played a villian but along with that he also played the part of a "ladies man" with quite a few love interests such as Daphne, Edith and Samantha.  And I just can't picture Petofi taking his place and playing the same part.  Petofi played a great villian but he was no ladies man.

They could have bought him back and had him team up with Gerard/Judah though, since they both wanted to destroy the Collins family.  They both shared this common goal   It would have been great to see these two battling it out to see who has the strongest power.

I wonder why they decided to never bring him back, since he was such a good villian and played the part so well.  Maybe he didn't want to play the part again because he would have to wear that hot rug on his head along with that icky mustache and those thick eye glasses. ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 08:15:22 AM »
Thats true Cassandra,  a villian yes,  a lover no!

You know come to think of it I dont think any of Prof.Stokes characters had any love interests on the show.   I always thought that he had a thing for Julia but nothing ever became of it.  That's sad because they could have at least paired him off with someone!   >:(

Deb

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 02:23:51 PM »
Gerard played a villian but along with that he also played the part of a "ladies man" with quite a few love interests such as Daphne, Edith and Samantha.  And I just can't picture Petofi taking his place and playing the same part.  Petofi played a great villian but he was no ladies man.
Cassandra

I read that Henry Kissinger was quite the ladies man.  I remember back in the 70's he was linked to many beautiful and rich women.  However,  I don't find a fat, bespectacled man with a thick accent attractive but if Kissinger could pull it off so could Petofi.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 02:56:42 PM »
I guess there is something to the saying that power is a powerful aphrodisiac. (Or however that saying goes.) Or is it, Size does matter...(pardon the pun)

Two out of three dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 03:43:59 PM »
Well, neither Ben nor Count Petofi were particularly "enticing" characters.  But I think Prof. Stokes certainly could have been.

Of all the characters that ever appeared on DS, I think it's safe to say he's the only one likely to have ever read the Kama Sutra.....probably in the original Sanskrit.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 07:25:32 PM »
Thats true Cassandra,  a villian yes,  a lover no!
You know come to think of it I dont think any of Prof.Stokes characters had any love interests on the show.   I always thought that he had a thing for Julia but nothing ever became of it.  That's sad because they could have at least paired him off with someone!   >:(

Well at least Sandor had his woman!!  I guess out of all of Thayer's characters, this one was the Casanova of the bunch.   ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 09:40:05 PM »
LOL!, Cassandra.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 11:03:23 PM »

I read that Henry Kissinger was quite the ladies man.  I remember back in the 70's he was linked to many beautiful and rich women.  However,  I don't find a fat, bespectacled man with a thick accent attractive but if Kissinger could pull it off so could Petofi.

Yes and it was Mr. Kissinger wasn't it who said POWER is the Ultimate Aphrodisiac
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 05:07:45 AM »
Well, neither Ben nor Count Petofi were particularly "enticing" characters.  But I think Prof. Stokes certainly could have been.

Of all the characters that ever appeared on DS, I think it's safe to say he's the only one likely to have ever read the Kama Sutra.....probably in the original Sanskrit.  ;)

hehe rainey i thought Ben was kinda cute but Petofi
DOUBLE ICKY!(sorry Patti!)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 08:20:20 AM »
Well at least Sandor had his woman!!  I guess out of all of Thayer's characters, this one was the Casanova of the bunch.   ;)
Cassandra

LOL!!  I forgot all about Sandor!!

Deb

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 04:19:59 PM »

LOL!!  I forgot all about Sandor!!

Deb