Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0319  (Read 626 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0319
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Robservations - #319

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0319

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
Who could blame Maggie for not wanting to live her life in fear and cooped up at home. The plan that she and her pop and Dave Woodard cook up is pretty effective!

This has not been a very good couple of nights for Barnabas. Last night Sarah stopped him from killing Julia but refused to appear to him, even though she's been seen by almost everyone else. Tonight he's stuck wearing the long, cumbersome robe as he takes one look at the newspaper with its dire headling (ANOTHER GIRL ATTACKED!) before throwing it in the fire. Then Willie returns from-- well, somewhere and starts needling Barnabas. He pretty much hits the nail on the head when he says that Barnabas is afraid that he'll lose Vicki, that David will blab, that the experiment will fail. All this makes Barnabas angry, and he waves away the attack. People will forget about it in a week, he says dismissively. Willie warns him, If anything happens to David, there'll be an investigation the likes of which you've never seen. I can’t believe you’d want to hurt a child! Yes, Willie has developed a full-blown conscience along with his compassion. He lays it on thick at every opportunity. No doubt he also enjoys his small measure of revenge.

Willie is at the BW nursing a beer and pretzels (I hope that's not his dinner!) when Sam parks himself at the  bar and confides in the bartender (who actually gets some lines in this episode!). As planned, Sam pretends to be extremely drunk and starts to talk despite the sheriff’s best pretended efforts to shut him up. While a small crowd of extras listen raptly, Sam lets fall some hints that Maggie may be getting her memory back. After a little of this, the sheriff tells the bartender to forget everything that Sam just said. Then Sam and George adjourn to a table, confident that their planted rumor will be all over town by morning. 

And they conspirators have hit their mark! Long before their little charade is over, Willie races back to the Old House and retails the whole to Barnabas, who listens in shock. Julia Hoffman must prevent Maggie's memory from returning, he declares. Willie wants to know what he's planning, but Barnabas says ominously, You'll find out--maybe before tonight is over.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
Barnabas makes the headlines as another girl is attacked by a dark figure out of nowhere. How long does it take to stop BRnBas craving blood? Julia's experiment is quite vague
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:48:11 AM »
The opening voiceover reminds us that Barnabas still needs blood to survive and the Collinsport Star confirms it. I hadn't thought about that. So, my first thought was that Barn attacked the woman in town because he was all ready in killing mode. He was on his way out to kill David when he was stopped by what we are supposed to presume was Sarah's ghost. Was he unable to quell the urge to kill? I guess I was wrong.

Willie's conversation with Barn at the old house was very thought provoking. Willie accuses Barnabas of being scared of becoming human, losing his powers and losing control. Maybe this is why Barnabas felt the need to attack that woman, he needed to feel that he still has control over something -- anything. Maybe he was just thirsty.

The trap is set to catch the Collinsport Maniac; will Barnabas walk in to it?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »
I have a feeling Maggie would have gone on with the plan even if Sam still wouldn't have allowed it. I know Sam wants to protect Maggie, and I can hardly fault him for that, but I also understand why Maggie is sick of just waiting around for something to happen. 

Sam does give in, reluctantly, but he does go along with it. He and the sherrif put on their act. The sheriff pretends to try and keep Sam quiet as he pretends to be drunk, making sure everyone knows that Maggie's memory is 'coming back'. I'm wondering though if that is how Sam really acts when he's REALLY smashed....must be pretty close to it I'd say. The trap works, everybody's wondering if what Sam says is true, including Willie...

Willie reads Barnabas the riot act for panicking and knows why Barnabas went for attacking the other girl and makes a big point in saying out loud why Barnabas did it...Vicki, David, Sarah and the experiment have all been occupying his mind lately. I'm not as sure as Darklady is that Willie is deliberately doing this to upset Barnabas as Willie knows of all people how cruel Barnabas can be when he wants to be. I think if Barnabas believed Willie was purposely trying to get under his skin he would have beat him within an inch of his life with his cane again no matter how worried he was about the other matters on his mind.

Even if Willie was enjoying needling Barnabas he is clearly awares that he knows if Barnabas is exposed he will be too. He looks scared stiff when he overhears Sam blabbing about Maggie's memory returning and quickly reports to Barnabas about it. Barnabas tells Willie that one way or another he will see what he intends to do....maybe a bit of Barnabas' own revenge for Willie deliberating needling him (if that what he was in fact doing).

Great episode again.