Author Topic: 1970 Parallel Time Quentin: misunderstood, or just an insufferable jackasss?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: 1970 Parallel Time Quentin: misunderstood, or just an insufferable jackasss?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:32 AM »
i suppose this quentin was slightly more belligerent, and wore louder sportscoats, than all of the other quentins...

but to me the characters are completely interchangeable. nothing really differentiates one from any of the others. and i honestly think that was the writers/producers intention.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: 1970 Parallel Time Quentin: misunderstood, or just an insufferable jackasss?
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »
ILuvBarnabas,

I'd have to say that PT 1970 Quentin was an unmitigated and insufferable @ss.  Maggie should have whacked him over his head with either a rolling pin or a frying pan. [ghost_angry] [ghost_rolleyes]

Yet, I think it's a toss-up as to whom was the most annoying/loathsome member of the Collins family, PT 1970 Quentin or 1897's Judith Collins Trask, a cold-hearted and  n-i-g-g-a-r-d-l-y harridan of THE worst possible temperament.  (Judith exhibited about as much "kindness," "sympathy" and "understanding" in her dealings with other people as did, say, Attilla the Hun or Madame DeFarge, imo.)      [ghost_grin]

Bob

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »
Oh dear, Bob, I think you're being unfair to Judith.  I think she learned a little something from all her travails.  At the end of the storyline Judith had formed an alliance with a certain female, [spoiler]Pansy in Charity[/spoiler]whom, I believe, Judith would have shunned at the beginning.  1970 PT Quentin, on the other hand, probably didn't learn a thing from his experiences.

Mind you, I think hell would freeze over and Nicholas Blair would start singing in the angel choir before Judith showed even the least little bit of kindness to [spoiler]Magda.[/spoiler]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 01:23:59 AM »
Lydia,

I think that Judith treated the loyal, kind and selfless Beth Chavez in a particularly shabby manner, considering all of the public and "not-so-public" duties Beth faithfully performed on behalf of the future, second Mrs. Gregory Trask.  [ghost_wink] [ghost_grin]

Bob

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
No doubt, Bob.  But that was, as you note, before Judith's marriage - before she had learned a little bit about whited sepulchres and the suffering they can inflict on people.  I'm not saying Judith ever became a warm, loving earth mother type.  I'm just saying she improved somewhat, over time.

But this topic is about 1970 PT Quentin.

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
No doubt, Bob.  But that was, as you note, before Judith's marriage - before she had learned a little bit about whited sepulchres and the suffering they can inflict on people.  I'm not saying Judith ever became a warm, loving earth mother type.  I'm just saying she improved somewhat, over time.

But this topic is about 1970 PT Quentin.

Lydia,

1970 PT Quentin? Maggie should have given that lout the boot just like Mrs. Tiger Woods gave the boot to Tiger, Tipper Gore gave the boot to Al, and  Mary Jo Buttafucco gave the boot to Joey Baby! [ghost_angry] [ghost_wink] [ghost_grin]

PS Contrast the way Judith treated Beth and Dirk Wilkins with the way that Mrs. Stoddard treated Vicky, Mrs. Johnson and even surly, old Matthew Morgan. [ghost_mellow] [ghost_smiley]

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Suggesting that Quentin was suffering from PTSS from an abusive marriage, and possibly abusive family members earlier in his life, does cast Quentin in a different, more sympathetic light.
It is a shame that Chris disapears from the story the way he does. He was much missed.