Author Topic: deppshadows "watching project"  (Read 817 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
deppshadows "watching project"
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »
apologies if this thought has already been posted but how about this...

on october 2nd the DVD of the depp/burton DS film will be released. obviously we will not all pick it up at the same time. but how about picking a night in late october, near halloween, when we all sit down and view it at the same time and then post out thoughts like in the "watching project".

the mods will pick the time and set the rules but it could be fun, right?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: deppshadows "watching project"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:26 AM »
I think this is an excellent idea.  It has troubled me that the only discussion of the actual movie has been scattered among the updates about how well it's doing.

I'm wondering if it would make sense to have more than one Watching Project topic for the movie - for example, one for the part that takes place during Barnabas's lifetime, one for the part in the 1970s before he is released, and so on.  It might lead to some confusion, but there's lots to say on various subjects within the movie.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
Honestly Midnite and I haven't been ignoring the suggestion of a DS film WP. In fact, both of us (and dom) have been discussing a few ideas - one in particular that would be quite different from what we've been doing with the original series and what we did with the '91 DS. And the only reason we haven't said anything yet is because nothing has been completely decided because everything is still in the earliest of stages. However, even if what we're seriously thinking about doing does indeed come to pass, that's not to say that there can't be other things related to the DS film taking place on the forum as well. In fact, if what we have in mind does come to fruition, it would be the perfect way to kick off more activities related to the film and possibly other aspects of DS as well. It could all be a lot of fun.  [ghost_smiley]  But more on all that after more details get ironed out.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:44 PM »
here we go again
MB...you pique my interest....you're quite.....quite!!

Well said, n'est pas?

Patti
What a Woman!