Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0294  (Read 2494 times)

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0294
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 04:56:28 AM »
I found my copy and rewatched it and there are an amazing amount of similarities between the characters, plot and Dark Shadows.  There is a door in one of the rooms in the movie that is just like the one under the stairs in the foyer.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Thanks, Janet!  [ghost_grin]

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:59:42 PM »
Has there been any discussion about just how Sarah could have led Maggie from Windcliff all the way to the Blue Whale?  Windcliff is supposedly 100 miles from Collinsport, quite a distance for anyone to hike in heels.  Did they go to the Greyhound depot and catch a bus?  Or how about a train?  If so, did Sarah qualify for the child's fare?  Did they hitch a ride?  Or was Sarah able to zap both of them instantly back to Collinsport? 

I'm wondering how this missing scene might have gone -- lots of possibilities!  If they walked the hundred miles, perhaps that might explain Maggie's dramatic collapse in the BW. 

Ben

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07:26 AM »
Hitch-hiked maybe.  DS becomes more and more littered with characters travelling long distances on foot, only we're expoected not to think about that, I guess.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 04:39:48 AM »
In the original outline for ep, Maggie and Sarah did hitchhike and were picked up by some guy in a truck - but none of that made it into the finished show. Who knows why? But it's certainly possible that it would have cost too much to use a truck or part of a truck, even if it was simply shot in the studio with techs shaking the truck like they often did with the cars. And if it cost too much, well, we know DC would have vetoed it.  [snow_wink]  [snow_rolleyes]