Author Topic: David  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
David
« on: May 02, 2003, 08:02:43 AM »
David's part during this story is quite fun.  To see him reprimanding and giving orders to his aunt and even calling her Elizabeth, and she accepts it all!!

Josette

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:David
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 02:17:07 PM »
The more I see of Hennesy's DS characters the more I appreciate his acting abilities.  He does seem to be enjoying playing this part quite a bit. I guess he was the perfect age to appreciate a chance to give orders to adults...even if it was only via a TV script.  ;D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 05:30:59 PM »
I know I have said this before but I am in awe of David Hennesy's acting ability.  He runs circles aroung other child actors of that period or even today.

Birdie

Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 07:33:45 PM »
I enjoy his acting also.  He especially does the evil thing so naturally.  We have watched him since he first started his acting on dark shadows, at which Im sure he was around age 9 up until now and when you look back over the years, you can really see how much he has grown as an actor.

Deb

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 08:34:08 PM »
I enjoy his acting also.  He especially does the evil thing so naturally.  We have watched him since he first started his acting on dark shadows, at which Im sure he was around age 9 up until now and when you look back over the years, you can really see how much he has grown as an actor.

I agree with you here.  He was good even when he started out on the show.  In the early episodes we had him already out to murder his father so the mischief was  in him already. Sometimes an actor, epsecially a child actor will start out kind of so so at first, but then improve as time goes on until they reach their true potential.  David seemed to be already an "old pro" at it when he first came on the show.

I wonder if he had done any other acting before DS?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 09:47:31 PM »
Im not so sure but I think that I heard he had done some acting in plays before he joined  ds. It would appear that he did do some acting because he was very good at it even at the young age that he started.
Deb

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 12:50:53 AM »
I just have to chime in with my agreement of Hennesy's acting abilities. Personally, I think he is second only to Nancy Barrett, and that is saying something.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton