Author Topic: Does He or Doesn't He?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Does He or Doesn't He?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2003, 09:01:20 PM »
I was always under the impression that the good professor knew alot more than he cared to admit to the folks at Collinwood.  I think he was better off keeping a distance and not getting too involved in their crazy problems.  He sort of reminded me of the "helper" who always stood in the backround and only gave advice when asked.
Deb

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2003, 10:21:33 PM »
I was always under the impression that the good professor knew alot more than he cared to admit to the folks at Collinwood.  I think he was better off keeping a distance and not getting too involved in their crazy problems.  He sort of reminded me of the "helper" who always stood in the backround and only gave advice when asked.

Your comments make good sense, Deb.

I had blithely assumed all along that Professor Stokes was in the dark about Barnabas, etc., but this thread is beginning to convince me otherwise.

:-

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2003, 08:09:30 AM »

You know I never thought of that way before Deb but I think you got something here.  I mean how could he not know?  I have always wondered what was going through his mind when he helped Julia dig up Barnabas from the grave that time.  And to add to this was the whole dream curse saga in which Vicky and everyone knew that when the dream curse got around to Barnabas, he would die.

Prof.Stokes knew this and that's why he decided to intervene and place himself right in the middle of the dream curse in which he confronted Angelique, who also told him that Barnabas must die.

Now he isn't a stupid guy so that right there must have told him something. He had to have wondered why an 18th century witch has got a huge grudge against Barnabas Collins who just happens to be in the 20th century.  I don't think for a minute that he bought that "ancestor" stuff and that Angelique was in love with Barnabas' ancestor (the original Barnabas Collins) and therefore out to get this century Barnabas to get even with him.  If this be the case then wouldn't she try to destroy the whole Collins family?  Vicky may have bought that story, but I doubt the Professor did.

BTW, Debra,  Welcome to the group!! :)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2003, 05:01:47 PM »
Yes, welcome Debra!

Happy posting,
Dom

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 02:01:10 AM »
Thank you Cassandra and Dom for the nice welcome!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Deb :)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2003, 06:03:38 AM »
Welcome to the board, Debra!  ;D

ProfStokes

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2003, 08:06:31 AM »
Thank you Professor Stokes!  Its great to be here.  I guess I can tell who your favorite character on the show is!   I think the Professor is great too!  He really played all of his characters so uniquely.
Deb

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2003, 03:32:01 PM »
I think he knew too or else would have been pushing more for answers i think he was content to just observe! Who knows since we never see what happpens to the Collins family
after 1970(other than 1995 which was changed)
maybe Elliot wrote a book later about things and was eiother carted off to Wyndcliffe or could have become Oprah's
sidekick Dr Elliot ( better than Dr Phil)i can see his advice
to women who SOs are playing with SYTs from the past!Keep
him away from i ching sticks and traveling staircases!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV