Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0266  (Read 814 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0266
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
Robservations - #266

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0266

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
Poor Elizabeth is about to go out for some air when Jason accosts her and asks her to come into the living room and sit down (in her own house). He’s so full of plans for the wedding that he scarcely notices her utter lack of interest as he lists his requirements.

Mrs. Johnson runs into Elizabeth on Widows' Hill. Mrs. J must have known the story of the three widows since her childhood, but Elizabeth thoughtfully lets us in on it. Superb JB moment! Mrs. J later tells Vicki about it, but why doesn't she tell Elizabeth's daughter or brother?

The scene of Jason giving the ring to Elizabeth was truly revolting. Poor Vicki, a stand-in for us, turns away in shame and disgust.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:26:43 PM »
Forgot: The third widow's name was Mary Findley. [spoiler]Maybe she was related to the medium Janet Findley, whom we will meet a long time from now. And maybe Findley's Cove--where Barnabas and Julia will find Carolyn even longer from now--was named for the family.[/spoiler]

In her despair, Elizabeth murmurs, The sea is my grave.... My grave is the sea....

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
Mrs. J must have known the story of the three widows since her childhood, but Elizabeth thoughtfully lets us in on it. Superb JB moment! Mrs. J later tells Vicki about it, but why doesn't she tell Elizabeth's daughter or brother?
I imagine Mrs. Johnson thinks Roger and Carolyn would be useless in the current crisis.

And yes, Joan Bennett did a lovely job today.  Usually Elizabeth is active and decisive, but now she's seen every escape blocked except for suicide, and there's nothing left to do but despair.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
Elizabeth dreams of death and it's a fairly realistic dream, where most DS dreams seem drug induced. Buzz and Carolyn's plot is moved forward by Vickie's eavesdropping on their plans to get a license.  Jason seems giddy at his plans for the ultimate gala wedding. One of my favorite lines, "The sea is my grave, my grave is the sea."  The fourth widow legend seems to ignore Josette but then she supposedly jumped over a cruel husband/ family that hated her and now a vampire lover.  Then there is the third governess story that hints that Vickie will be the latest victim.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times