Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0254  (Read 925 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0254
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »
Robservations - #254

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0254

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:51:44 AM »
When Buzz talked about something that would make one feel one had never been alive before, I thought he might be talking about drugs, but there were no ensuing remarks to back it up, so I decided he must be talking about his motorcycle, which, after all, is still pretty new.  I have this idea that once you've been on that motorcycle once, that should tell you all you need to know, but motorcycle enthusiasts appear not to think that way.

Jason told Willie about his engagement to Elizabeth, and I assume Willie will mention it to Barnabas somewhere along the line.  A couple of weeks ago Willie might have thought Barnabas couldn't be bothered with anything that happens at the great house, but now that Barnabas has his eye on Vicky as an alternate Josette, he needs to be up to date on all the news in her life.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
This episode has a cast of thousands--well, anyway, twelve, surely a record for the show!

I love, love, love the way Jason tells Willie about being engaged to Elizabeth.  I’ve finally given in to her proposals, Jason says airily. I can’t believe she would ever marry you, Willie comments. Why not? Jason replies. I’m a fine fellow, in the flower of my manhood.  [ghost_grin] I'm sure Barnabas lengthens Willie's leash every so often just so he can get tidbits of news like this one.

Once again, Jason accuses Willie of being in on a sweet deal at the Old House. Once again Willie tries to warn him off.

I've always wondered what Buzz offered Carolyn, and I've always guessed it was acid. In the end, though, Carolyn doesn't seem interested. Maybe the writers didn't want to get in trouble for an explicit mention of drugs. And because Carolyn is not supposed to be a "bad" girl, they had to keep her (more or less) pure.

Joe tells Carolyn that Buzz seems like as much fun as a bag of spiders.  [ghost_grin]

Later, Carolyn goes home and drops a bomb on her mother--and Jason too.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:41:23 AM »
Vickie gets close to the truth about her employer and gets a ,"Victoria." and even the foundling knows that when Mother uses your full name you have gone too far.  Jason sets the date t two weeks which is presumably when the divorce is final.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
Jason sets the date t two weeks which is presumably when the divorce is final.
Isn't two weeks an awfully short time, even for a case where the husband has been missing for nearly twenty years?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
It sure is, but Jason wants to secure his position ASAP, and I don't think he would let such niceties as waiting a suitable interval get in his way.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
What I mean is, isn't two weeks a short time to finalize a divorce?  Never having been married myself, let alone divorced, I wouldn't know.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Me neither. I'm married but was never divorced. If it's a case of abandonment, maybe that would make things go faster--?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
When Richard first talked to her about it, he said it would be easy because Paul had been gone so long.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times