Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0241  (Read 707 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0241
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:13 AM »
Robservations - #241

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0241

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
How I love the ending of this episode!  And how very deep Maggie has been drawn into the Josette fantasy.  She knows David, but seeing him didn't bring her memory back.  She can't remember his name even though he told it to her.  Maybe Barnabas can actually pull off this personality replacement.  Maybe he can create Josette in the entity formerly known as Maggie.  But maybe that's not what he wants.  The original Josette did not accept him.  An image of Josette, with a more submissive personality, would be far superior.

Meanwhile, people from the outside world are starting to be aware of the music box, and I'm starting to wonder if it will be the key to them figuring out the nefarious doings at the Old House.  It's hard to tell.  At a similar point in the Laura storyline, it seems to me that Vicky already had suspicions that there was something unhealthy about Laura.  But Diana Millay was pregnant, so they couldn't draw it out, whereas Jonathan Frid does not appear to be pregnant.  On the contrary, he looks quite skinny these days.

I don't think Sheriff Patterson is going to be any help.  Apparently he's going to take Barnabas's word that Willie was in Bangor instead of finding Willie's hotel and checking the register - and golly, Bangor's only fifty miles from Collinsport, so Willie could have driven back, kidnapped Maggie, disposed of her, and then returned to the hotel.  It seems to me that Patterson had the beginnings of a brain once upon a time, but maybe I'm wrong.

As David happily told Vicky about talking to Josette, I wondered how it would be if Barnabas had actually connected to Josette's ghost instead of appropriating Maggie for the role.  What an interesting household that would be!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
Yes, the end of this episode--"terrifying, impossible"--is one of the truly great early cliffhangers. Dr. Woodard is hot on the trail!

Roger tells Elizabeth that PETERSON (hmm) has just told him about the Swiss bank account. Roger says he thinks she's trapped in a private nightmare as he was. He really is capable of compassion after all--at least for his big sister.

What a nerve Jason has--demanding money and a token job, then not even showing up for work.

Roger finds Elizabeth again, and we have a truly touching scene between them. She almost breaks down as she asks him to stand by her--and I for one think he really will.

Then we conclude with Dr. Woodard's smashed-up office and the missing blood samples. Quite an action-packed episode!

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »
Watching this episode it occured to me that KLS' face is so much fuller then it is later in the series, which I suppose goes to reinforce the impression that she is just a girl being forced to play dressup as Josette, which a cheap dress and messy hair that doesn't really look like the 1795 person that much.  I guess we have seen the last of the real ghost of Josette, though?  She must have been creeped out by Barnabas' arrival and decided to take a break from being the Collins' families guardian spirit.  Barnabas is completely insane to think that Maggie could walk around the Old House for all eternity and never be noticed. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:11 AM »
Well, as I've said elsewhere, Barn always gets into trouble when he starts thinking with his, um, fangs.  [ghost_wink]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
Why does Josette not possess Maggie and relive her supposed glorious love with Barnabas?  I think by now it would be clear a person needs a lock on the front door when entertaining a captive. And a very special goodnight to you David.  Barnabas hasa plan for David it seems.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times