Author Topic: STRANGE PARADISE - Supernatural Canadian Soap Produced By DS's Robert Costello  (Read 2189 times)

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Gothic, I'll check out those sites. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explanation of the third arc, Gothick. I remember Holly leaving, but I don't remember them turning Raxl evil. And I looked up Trudy Young on IMDb, and I didn't recognize her. I don't know - maybe before the third arc really got going the station that I watched SP on dropped it.  [idontknow]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Yet another Strange Paradise announcement, and this one is also relevant to DS.  Like many other genre periodicals and mags in recent months, the magazine Rue Morgue released a special DS issue (with Barnabas on the cover) earlier in May.  The magazines are finally showing up at some local outlets, and I just saw the issue this evening in Cambridge's Newbury Comics.  The final page of the issue is a recurring feature entitled Classic Cuts and in this issue the Classic profiled is none other than Strange Paradise. It's illustrated with a never before published photo of Raxl (as portrayed deliciously by Cosette Lee) and scans of two of the Dorothy Daniels paperback covers.

Very cool that Strange Paradise was remembered in conjunction with material on DS.  The profile is actually a reasonably affectionate tribute, too.  Most press received by Strange Paradise since 1969-70 has been, to be euphemistic, less than positive.

G.

Offline drwhotrades

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
It's illustrated with a never before published photo of Raxl (as portrayed deliciously by Cosette Lee) and scans of two of the Dorothy Daniels paperback covers.

Hi All,

I just saw this thread on SP and thought I'd drop a line in reply - the photo of Raxl in Rue Morgue is one that I supplied to the author - he had wanted to do a bigger spread on SP but didn't have the space. It's publicity shot of Cosette Lee that I got from a former productioon crew member on the program. It was nice to be able to have it published for the first time.

If anyone wants to check out developments with SP, I have a Facebook page about it as well. I'm not a real Facebook fan, but since so many are, it is where I put info that hasn't yet made it to the general web site. Please feel free to check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Strange-Paradise-CBC/46188362261

Thanks!

Bryan