Author Topic: OT/Bye Bye Birdie  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re:OT/Bye Bye Birdie
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2003, 04:58:02 PM »
Thanx for all your best wishes and advice. I am leaning toward a 2nd and 3rd opinion since retinal doc did mention that even HE was going to refer me out for a 2nd opinion on where to go next with my treatment.

As for the migraine sufferers, here is a site that I found:
                            www.clusterheadaches.com

Speaking to a patient with the same exact problem as I, she informed me of her recent hospitalization for an 18 day migraine.  She was on a demerol and DHE drip for 3 days before it resolved. She also informed me that her insurance company approved the use of Botox injections every three months to stop her migraines.

Oh, and the local HS production at one of the schools is Guys and Dolls.

carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2003, 05:30:33 PM »
  Did you ever feel like your life is spinning out of control.

Any time I look at the calendar and notice a date with nothing in it, I panic...it surely means I forgot to write in the 3 or 4 things I KNOW should be there.
Amen and Hallelujah!!

rainey.....who lives in terror of those dreaded words: "Mom?.....when can I go for my Learner's Permit?"   [a345]

Patti...who's not that far away, YET still has a 1 year old.

PS...my daughter made the school play; Miracle Worker. She made the Aunt...BUT...then got upgraded TO THE MOTHER!!

(which just means more work for THIS MOTHER :- )

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2003, 06:08:47 PM »
Hell, it is hard to get older! My best friend has major migraines and she uses Immetrex.  It helps but only if she gets it before it starts to roll.  I understand I had them for years and it is a wonder I didn't kill myself over dosing on pain meds.  I use to lie there and count the minutes till I could put another pill in my body.  Now, that I hate to use the M-word I don't get them very often.  The latest is a spasim in my neck that in certain positions it causes vertigo.  Now, now, no dirty comments here from the peanut gallery.  I have the dam neck thing without the benift of Barnabas, no fun there.

Carol, I am thinking of you and yes get another opinin.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2003, 07:24:55 PM »
PS...my daughter made the school play; Miracle Worker. She made the Aunt...BUT...then got upgraded TO THE MOTHER!!
(which just means more work for THIS MOTHER :- )
Patti

Oh, does it ever.  No sooner did my daughter finish up with the Freshman/Sophmore production of "Joseph/Technicolor/Coat" than she volunteered to turn pages for the pianist on the Junior/Senior production of "Jekyll/Hyde"  THAT campus is even further from our house than HER campus, she's staying till dark every afternoon AND now they have weekend rehearsals.  All so she can TURN PAGES!!!  I definitely deserve that Taxi Medallion!!

BTW....isn't it interesting how many of our children have been involved in drama/musical productions in school?  We all seem to have imparted a love of storytelling to our kids.....or else we just gave birth to a bunch of little hams!!!  [9391]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2003, 10:25:34 PM »
Carol wrote:
Thanx for all your best wishes and advice. I am leaning toward a 2nd and 3rd opinion since retinal doc did mention that even HE was going to refer me out for a 2nd opinion on where to go next with my treatment.

Im glad to hear this Carol.  And you're right to look for a 3rd opinion as well. Get all the advice you get get before you do anything.
I hope everything will work out for you.

As for the migraine sufferers, here is a site that I found:
                            www.clusterheadaches.com

Thanks Carol!!  Now, I need all the help I can get!!  ;)

she informed me of her recent hospitalization for an 18 day migraine.  She was on a demerol and DHE drip for 3 days before it resolved. She also informed me that her insurance company approved the use of Botox injections every three months to stop her migraines.

Oh my goodness,  18 days?!!  I know my own pattern like a book and it usually last two full days before subsiding.  It's just horrible!  I can't do anything but close my eyes, rest and let it run it's course.
When I was in the hospital last year a nurse told me that alot of it had to do with diet and what we eat but I've kept tract of everything I've eaten before and during the migrane and nothing seems to be consistant. [idontknow]

I've never heard of the Botox thing before.  I know they use it for cosmetic reasons but I had no idea it could be useful for headaches.  I'll have to check that out too.
Thanks Carol

Hell, it is hard to get older! My best friend has major migraines and she uses Immetrex.  It helps but only if she gets it before it starts to roll.  I understand I had them for years and it is a wonder I didn't kill myself over dosing on pain meds.  I use to lie there and count the minutes till I could put another pill in my body

That's just like me Birdie.  I can't do anything but lie in bed or on the couch and count the minutes, then let it run it's course.  Sometimes I get so nauseous from it too.
Yes, the nurse in the hospital told me the same thing about Immetrex and that in order for it to work you have to take it when it first starts.
This is fairly new to me and has started up only the past couple of years.  I've always had headaches, but not like this before!  >:(

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2003, 09:11:12 AM »
BTW....isn't it interesting how many of our children have been involved in drama/musical productions in school?  We all seem to have imparted a love of storytelling to our kids.....or else we just gave birth to a bunch of little hams!!!  [9391]

Either that, or they're craving attention 'cause their mothers spend too much time reading message boards!!

[heh]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2003, 03:02:55 PM »
Oh, wouldn't I love it, if mine wanted me off the computer so that she could have MY attention.

The only reason mine wants me off the computer is so SHE can get on the computer!!  I could vanish into a parallel time and she wouldn't notice until she needed to be driven somewhere!!   [sure]

rainey 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2003, 04:01:55 PM »
I get up at 4:30 AM before work so I can have the computer to myself for an hour!  Sounds nuts, but it's the only way I won't have hubby or son yowling that they want the computer.

I well remember my chauffeuring days, when my son wanted me to drive and shut up, lest I embarrass him in front of his little friends, all of whom cursed far more than I when they were out of earshot of an adult.

With my son (my only baby!) turning 20 next month, he's been driving for nearly 3 years now.  At least when YOU do the driving, you know where they are and when to go get them.  When they can drive themselves, they also drive YOU crazy, wondering if they're all right, when they'll be home, and  who they're hanging out with.     

I both pity and envy you Mom/Dad taxi drivers, because I was there, and only what seems like yesterday.  Once they get that license to drive, it's like the umbillical cord has been severed--forever!

Love, Robin

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2003, 06:57:23 PM »
This Bye-Bye Birdie influx has become a nightmare.  Seems just about every high school in the country is doing Bye-Bye-Birdie this year...

What's the appeal of all this??  (What's the matter with kids today!)  LOL
Strange this would come up because it also appears to have affected the school corporation where I work.  Just finished running the video for a week on our media retrieval system.

They should have included some of the Birdie music in that DS dream curse awhile back.  Now THAT would have been scary!!
Oh LORD in heaven I could not agree more!  Everytime I hear Anne Margaret singing the title song I cringe and can't get it out of my head all day!  Thank God for mute buttons.

The only thing I like about that movie is when Paul Lynde looks at the camera and says (to Ed Sullivan) something like "We love ya Ed!" thought it was hilarious!  [scrm]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2003, 11:03:09 PM »
Ann Margaret in Bye Bye Birdie was my sister's boy friends dream girl.  My older sister had a gang of kids that hung out at our house.  The boys in the group were and still are like my brothers, they would go ga-ga over Ann Margaret.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2003, 10:22:37 PM »
Ann Margaret in Bye Bye Birdie was my sister's boy friends dream girl.  My older sister had a gang of kids that hung out at our house.  The boys in the group were and still are like my brothers, they would go ga-ga over Ann Margaret.

Birdie

i do like her dancing though!loved her clothes! She was so cute then!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2003, 04:41:06 AM »
Hey y'all,

Carol had to have MORE surgery this past Wednesday.  One lasered area had lifted, causing fluid to enter her eye.  She was in surgery for nearly 4 hours and it took 3 hours for her to finally come around.  (She claims JULIA did the sedation).  Anyway, she's all swollen and can't see out of the eye at all.  Maybe we can think of some way to cheer her up??  I'm at a loss at the moment.  (duh...)  [confused5]

love
CLC

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2003, 05:13:35 AM »
That would be the easiest thing in the world, Connie....if anyone in this tribe actually KNEW John Karlen.  All we'd have to do is get him on the phone!!

But I'm sure once she can look at her monitor again, your outrageous Desmond/Quentin creation will have her howling with delight!!  Hopefully that will be VERY soon!

rainey

Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2003, 05:29:37 AM »
Well, she can look at the monitor with one eye.  That's how I found out about the recent fiasco.  Caught her on here this morning at around 5 am and asked what in HELL she was doing up!  Seems she couldn't sleep with the sore eye, headache, what-not!!  What a mess!

:-

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2003, 06:04:57 AM »
Hey y'all,

Carol had to have MORE surgery this past Wednesday.  One lasered area had lifted, causing fluid to enter her eye.  She was in surgery for nearly 4 hours and it took 3 hours for her to finally come around.  (She claims JULIA did the sedation).  Anyway, she's all swollen and can't see out of the eye at all.  Maybe we can think of some way to cheer her up??  I'm at a loss at the moment.  (duh...)  [confused5]

love
CLC

Oh poor Carol!  Thank you so much for passing this along, Connie.  I wish I could do something for her too.

Please get well, Carol!