Author Topic: Semi-OT: Alice Cooper '74  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Semi-OT: Alice Cooper '74
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
Fans, I just stumbled across this fun (albeit somewhat grainy and fuzzy) clip of Alice Cooper playing a Witch in a Halloween skeleton costume and singing a song whose title seems to be "I eat my things" ... it looks very prophetic, not only of his performance 40 years later in DS, but of some of Tim Burton's visual obsessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2b_6GZbsY&feature=related

The clip is from a very short lived series, The Snoop Sisters, and dates to March of 1974.  The older actress in the scene is Miss Helen Hayes.

Enjoy!

G.

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-OT: Alice Cooper '74
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
Amazing! I remember watching this episode of the NBC Mystery Movie in 1974!  The song is Sick Things from Billion Dollar Babies. 

Petofi

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
Thanks.  I'm not an Alice Cooper fan, but I thought he was very amusing here. And I remember enjoying his appearance with Vincent Price in some Halloween special around the same time.

I wish they had gotten people who knew what they were doing to write this fluff.  A warlock is just another word for a male Witch.

G.

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
I wore that album out...Alice(Vincent Furnier) was a great front man, but his band was quite good too. Alice cooper was the name of the band, but vincent got so much attention, he just became alice. he wanted a good wholesome name for the band, for all his shenanigans. and great video. thanks. 
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »
I was never much of an Alice Cooper fan. I can't explain why. I love some of his songs. He's certainly not too outrageous for me; I'm a diehard KISS and DOORS fan. It's too bad the movie's set to early for KISS. If asked, Gene probably would have killed the deal by asking for too much money. Oh well...