Author Topic: Selling German Reprints of the Ross Novels  (Read 634 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Selling German Reprints of the Ross Novels
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:09 AM »
I'm thinking about selling my German reprints of the Ross novels. I want to go home (Newport, RI) for a month this year, but it's expensive. Does anyone have any tips on how to sell on EBay? I've never sold anything there. I'm also wondering what these items might be worth. It's hard to part with them, but I don't read German, and even if I did, I have the English versions!. I also have high quality scans of the covers, so they're really not essential to my collection. Any input would be welcome. I have no idea what these are worth.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Selling German Reprints of the Ross Novels
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »
Wow! Never knew there were foreign editions of the Ross books. Do they have the same covers as the English versions? Different covers would certainly up their collectible value.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
The covers of the German reprints were quite...different.....  The artist's conception of Barnabas did not fit the mood or the tone of the novels. Ross wrote about a very romantic Barnabas. It's difficult to reconcile his Byronic description of our favorite vampire with the grotesque cover images. Here's an example.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 04:02:31 AM »
Oh my, it's the classic look of Christopher Lee as Dracula.  Nothing to do with Barnabas...
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.