Author Topic: 'Elementary': Jonny Lee Miller cast as CBS' Sherlock Holmes  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: 'Elementary': Jonny Lee Miller cast as CBS' Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »
I hope that Mr. Miller has more to do in the role of Sherlock Holmes than he had to do in the role of Roger Collins in the recent Tim Burton "Dark Shadows" film.

No slight intended to Mr. Miller, but I kept waiting for the cinematic Roger Collins to display a lot more of the "arch and aristocratic" Roger Collins (as KLS wrote in her first book) that the late, great Louis Edmonds was so superb in conveying as Mrs. Stoddard's spoiled, supercilious and entirely self-absorbed younger brother, but to no avail.

Well, at least Mr. Miller had a far meatier role in the "Dark Shadows" film than did that poor, silent actress, who portrayed the aging and fading Mrs. Johnson in the flick.   (I wonder what the late, great Clarice Blackburn would have thought of Mrs. Johnson's "importance" and "significance" in the film?)   

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 'Elementary': Jonny Lee Miller cast as CBS' Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
Wow, I had no idea this guy played Roger in Depp Shadows. Fantastic makeup job. From the trailer I was visually pleased with the casting. Hoping to see the movie next week.