Author Topic: An Actual Instance of Bad Judgment on the Part of the Estimable Prof. Stokes?  (Read 2301 times)

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Interesting point, Penny, although I preferred thinking about it as the professor's Achilles heel, so to speak. Otherwise he would have been too smart.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I think Eliot had figured it out, too.  He just was to mannerly to confront Julia and Barnabas.  Well, I'm sure at times he gave Julia a certain look.

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
although I could have done without the zombie pirates.

DarkLady,

Regarding those zombie pirates, didn't that one slightly rubenesque pirate with the "chrome-dome" hair style,  resemble the great wrestler/actor Tor Johnson, who appeared as another kind of space zombie (I guess?) in Ed Wood's film, "Plan 9 From Outer Space," considered to the "Citizen Kane of truly lousy films"?  (By the way, I thought it was hilarious, when one of the husky pirate's comrades apparently became overenthused, and accidentally threw a tapestry over his Telly Savalas-like head during the destruction of Collinwood!)

At one of the Dark Shadows Festivals in NYC, a number of years ago, I had the great pleasure of meeting Dale Clark, creator and publisher of the Dark Shadows magazine, "Inside the Old House."  In addition, Dale has written a series of superb Dark Shadows novels, which I recommend very highly to everyone.

Dale and I discussed the odd fact, that while the estimable Prof. Stokes was extremely knowledgeable about such arcane subjects as witchcraft, the I Ching and Parallel Time, the good professor was curiously uninformed about the subject of vampires.  We both got a good laugh out of that oddity. 

Concerning the possibility that David might have attended Collinsport High School, I always thought that David must have had a difficult time of it, when he ran into other kids during his frequent trips to Collinsport.  I mean, the other kids must have been either intimidated by him (being from Collinsport's most important family) or the other kids may have wanted to throw snowballs at him.  Of course, if David did inherit his mother's "talent" with fire, David might have just given any potential bullies a rather pronounced "hot foot," if they tried to mess with him!  [snow_wink]

Bob