Author Topic: Joanie on IGAS  (Read 933 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Joanie on IGAS
« on: February 03, 2003, 11:21:56 PM »
Just watched last nites/this mornings Black and White Overnight block on Game Show Network, and Little Joanie Bennett was on the Panel from a 1953 show.  [She looked about 22 years old!] I think this may have been the second show of IGAS ever, as Garry Moore was still explaining the concept of the show in detail.  I don't know if they are gonna show more of her on the panel - it seemed like GM was introducing her as a regular member of the panel [anybody know??] or if GSN will show them in order of orig appearance, but fans of JB may wanna set the VCR for GSN at 4am to 6am if ya wanna see more of a younger Joanie.   I will bump this show into my 'archives' if anyone wants a copy!.

cheers,
Ringo

p.s.  The guests secrets were: 1) I built a special coffin with a wake-up call device 2) I stayed in my home for 18 years [and found out later I didn't have to!] and 3) I married a so-called-Rev, and barfed on my wedding night.  Celeb guest: the ghost of Minerva Tra$h

[OK, I made the p.s. up, but JB really was on IGAS!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: Joanie on IGAS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 09:33:58 AM »
JB was on IGAS again last nite, and she said that one of her favorite things was sleeping late.  She also guessed one contestant's secret - A 12 year old girl wearing lipstick for the first time. [it was Christina Aqulara's Grandmother]  And she said her vision was too bad to see George Raft's tie [his secret was that he had a spot on his tie!]

[really]

[I am NOT making that up]

[really!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 02:39:04 PM »
I did watch the Game Show Network the other day and a youngish Dick Cavet was on it.  Judging from the width of the ties the men were wearing on the show, it was from the 70's.

I've heard of the name of Gary Moore.  I believe he was a talk show host just before Jack Parr became popular? The name of George Goble rings a bell also.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 09:11:26 PM »
Sorr if I'm ignorant but what does "IGAS" stand for.  This was way before my time, I was just a glimmer in my father's eyes in 1953.

Thanks,

Murph

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 09:36:30 PM »
Hi Murph,

IGAS, stands for, I've Got A Secret.

dom