Author Topic: Blah  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Blah
« on: February 02, 2003, 11:09:29 PM »
Not sure why, but I'm not enjoying 1897 as my first time around. ?!?

Quentin is very self-absorbed, can't stand Judith, Carl's getting on my nerves.

I just saw where Carl introduces Pansy to Beth & B:

"I'm Gonna Dance For You

Barn's thoughts:I may be a mass murderer, but never would I marry beneath my station to disgrace the family name.

Beth's thoughts:I may be an adulterous flooze, but this chick's trailer park trash :D

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Blah
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 11:14:20 PM »
Why thank you, Patti.....those are my sentiments exactly...especially about Barnabas and Beth! [lghy]

However, I suspect being sick is making you a little less tolerant of the nonsense we usually so willingly put up with from DS! ::)

Feel better!

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 12:22:46 AM »
Thanks Rainey...I suspect you're right.
I meant to ask you the other day....your signature...what's it from?
Patti
who STILL had to help the daughter w/her book report.
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 01:42:55 AM »
I meant to ask you the other day....your signature...what's it from?

They're lyrics from an old folk song "Three Jolly Rogues" recorded by The Highwaymen back in the early 1960's. (RINGO! Does your expertise go back that far? [lghy] )

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 02:52:08 AM »
I just saw where Carl introduces Pansy to Beth & B:

"I'm Gonna Dance For You

Barn's thoughts:I may be a mass murderer, but never would I marry beneath my station to disgrace the family name.

ROFL !!

I've sort of been having the opposite reaction - enjoying things I never noticed before, or things I don't remember.  I get such a kick out of the expressions on Barnabas' face when confronted with Pansy and when he's had a couple of dealings with Carl.  Priceless in my humble opinion.

Makes it even harder though, to swallow the whole Barn killing Carl scenario.  It just doesn't fit.   The worst and stupidest thing the writers ever did if ya ask me.

-CLC

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 03:21:28 AM »
Okay...I've watched further now (except, it's a new VCR & I haven't really watched since getting it; VCRs just randomly kicking out/stopping during a scene & it goes right to another)
I MISSED QUENTIN BEING DEFORMED.

Minerva is getting on my nerves.

Where did Tim go?

Why couldn't Barn just make Carl forget (yeah, I know, JK needed some time off)?

One thing I notice...and I'd like some feedback from those of you who know...it seems like when 1897 is over, Joan Bennett really never has a big part...is this because she wanted less OR did the fan mail diminish.
(On the same note, JK's characters got better...at least my fav no spoilage...but he's the kittens husband).

Okay...through the years I've seen people make the comment "It would've been good if Julia & Barn took Quentin into their confidence"...but, with what I've seen, why doesn't he know??? Once he gets over being 'grant' why doesn't he remember?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 01:40:46 PM »
Patti Wrote:

Okay...through the years I've seen people make the comment "It would've been good if Julia & Barn took Quentin into their confidence"...but, with what I've seen, why doesn't he know??? Once he gets over being 'grant' why doesn't he remember?

I may be wrong here but if my memory is correct I had always thought that Quentin did know about Barnabas. You may be mistaken this for Professor Stokes because I have often heard this said about him.

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 12:24:57 AM »
Patti Wrote:

I may be wrong here but if my memory is correct I had always thought that Quentin did know about Barnabas. You may be mistaken this for Professor Stokes because I have often heard this said about him.

Cassandra[/font]

quentin always did know didn't he? i always thought Prof S. knew too but it was never spoken out loud
or Julia would admit  it to him He at least knew barnabas had a secret and may have guessed it but later did see him in the day after the "cure" so let it go! of course this was different than the movie.

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 02:34:46 AM »
it seems like when 1897 is over, Joan Bennett really never has a big part...is this because she wanted less OR did the fan mail diminish.
(On the same note, JK's characters got better...at least my fav no spoilage...but he's the kittens husband).

The Joan Bennett character I liked best is still to come -- Flora Collins (nee Magruder, according to my analysis of 1840).

You're right, Quentin does know about Barnabas in this storyline (which was something I had forgotten). Later he must not know (since that's what I remembered from the last airing on SciFi -- i.e., that Quentin didn't know).

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995