Author Topic: 1245 Episodes  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Suki

• I love DS! Barnabas Rules!!
    • View Profile
1245 Episodes
« on: January 26, 2003, 08:49:52 PM »
From the beginning I have bought 54 vols of the original series and have recorded daily to finish all of the episodes to complete the 1245. I want to know how many DS fanatics out here in cyberland that have to have every episode possible for there collection? Barnabas has to be in my life!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 1245 Episodes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 09:06:57 PM »
Count me in.

Congratulations on completing your collection, Suki, and it's great to see you posting!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 09:14:15 PM »
I know how you feel.  I've been obsessively recording the series for years now and, with the exception of a few I missed during a couple of time changes and silly  goofs on my part, I now have (most of) the series on video tape.

Now that the DVD's are out I've decided to make the switch to that format for several reasons - quaility, durability, storage, lack of commercial interruption, and a chance to get the eps I missed in the past (since I was too dopey to write the numbers down at the time I don't even know which ones they are now!).

Regardless of whether or not SciFi plans to keep running DS in the years to come, I don't see my addiction to this show ending any time soon - so I'm preparing for the future!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 10:00:53 PM »
Hooray for you, Suki! Welcome to the foal. I bought all the tapes from MPI several years ago (and I'm still paying off that credit card bill, lol). I consider them one of my most prized possessions. I don't get Sci-fi so I am thankful to have them to be able to participate in episodial (huh?) discussions.

Addicted? Hmm, let's see. I hadn't watched since the show went on hiatus in November. When I finally got a chance to catch up (Jan. 16) I was so enthralled that I couldn't stop watching and am now several weeks ahead of Sci-fi. One morning I watched approx. 25 episodes! I think that qualifies me as addicted. ;)

I had missed a great majority of the show as a kid and never in a million years thought I'd ever be able to see it all, never mind "again"! Watching the show from day one (my favorite episode) to the end fulfilled a life long dream I never thought would come true.

Happy, happier, happiest, Dom

PS - Welcome to the world of the posting!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2003, 11:14:32 PM »
Hooray for you, Suki! Welcome to the foal. I bought all the tapes from MPI several years ago (and I'm still paying off that credit card bill, lol). I consider them one of my most prized possessions. I don't get Sci-fi so I am thankful to have them to be able to participate in episodial (huh?) discussions.

Dom...you are: sooo cool for posting, since you don't watch along with us.

Can I ask....ballpark...how much $$$ did you pay and do you have ALL (the whole series, not just Barn)?

Patti

Is this a new board?

Okay...I just clicked post
slow, but then finally:
The page cannot be displayed, etc...hit refresh

What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 11:52:08 PM »
Is this a new board?

No.  We didn't renew our contract with our old server, so we moved to another one temporarily.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2003, 12:43:41 AM »
congratulations on completing your collection!

i'm really looking forward to finishing my collection of dvds.  drat, it doesn't look like we are going to get episodes 1-209 any time soon.  in the ultimate end, i would feel my collection incomplete without these.

i hope mpi will also put the early episodes out on dvd.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2003, 06:22:46 AM »
I have to admit, I am also guilty of taping and keeping DS.  Don't have the whole sha bam yet but am working on it.   I would love the DVD's but can't justify the expense at this time.  If I bought them I would have to hide them from my family and than I would feel like I have a real problem. lol.

Birdie--I could put the DVD's in a brown paper bag
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2003, 06:27:05 AM »
Between taping off SciFi and buying the MPI tapes, I have all the episodes, too--except for a couple I missed when my VCR acted up and didn't tape a day.  To get even more fanatical:  even though I had all the 1897 tapes from SciFi, I broke down last year and bought them all from MPI, so I now have MPI volumes 21--55 and 93--200, and of course the first three DVD releases (which replaced my MPI volumes).  I've been eyeing the collections' series on MPI to replace my SCiFi versions before MPI takes them off the market. . .I should have bought them when MPI ran a special late last year, but my car needed repairs instead.  Of course, I'll continue buying the DVDs--they'll be my entertainment when I retire (still a good 20 years off)--just imagine me sitting in front of my TV 8 hours a day watching DS DVDs instead of going of work.  LOL.

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2003, 06:38:15 AM »
Congratulations Suki :)
I'm still working on my collection.
Julianka

Connie

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2003, 07:00:53 AM »
I bought all the tapes from MPI several years ago (and I'm still paying off that credit card bill, lol).

I was wondering about this.  How much room do all these tapes take up?  Since Q started, I've been taping on SP speed and only get 4 shows per tape.  I only keep the Q shows and these tapes are piling up RAPIDLY.  LOL   Where do people KEEP all these tapes??

How much do MPI tapes cost?  I would think the price would be coming down since people are switching to DVD, no?

One morning I watched approx. 25 episodes! I think that qualifies me as addicted. ;)

Nah!!!

I had missed a great majority of the show as a kid and never in a million years thought I'd ever be able to see it all, never mind "again"!

Yeah.  Ya know, sometime in 1969 I found myself losing interest and was watching less and less.  By the time I was a senior in H.S. ('70-'71) I wasn't watching at all.  So when I discovered DS was on Sci Fi about 3 years ago, it was like, "wow"!!  Seeing stuff from 1897 forward,  that I'd never seen before!!  A divine revelation....I must say.  ROFL  (In more ways than one)

;)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2003, 07:08:55 AM »
First of all, I like the way you sign off Patti--[thumb] for KARLEN.
To save $$, I started taping DS on my own, too, but didn't like all the wasted tape with 99,000 commercials added.  So, I started buying the MPI videos a little at a time and second hand videos from anyone that was selling.  I do not have a complete set.
When they started putting DS on DVD's, I switched to buying DVD's since I knew that we'd buy a DVD player someday. I have DS DVD1-2-3 and #4 has been pre-ordered. As soon as I check all my DS DVD's to make sure they play, I'll sell the videos to whomever would like them.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2003, 07:56:38 AM »
From the beginning I have bought 54 vols of the original series and have recorded daily to finish all of the episodes to complete the 1245. I want to know how many DS fanatics out here in cyberland that have to have every episode possible for there collection? Barnabas has to be in my life!!

Hello Suki!
I also am in the process of attempting to record the entire series.    I wish you luck in your recording.

Dark Shadows... gotta love it!  [wink2]

Sarah
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2003, 09:31:35 AM »
Good for you, Suki!  And welcome to the DS board, it's a real hoot!

I started taping on this most recent airing of the show by SciFi.  I figured I would only keep the episodes I thought were pivotal.  Am sort of regretting that decision now, and will probably eventually purchase the DVDs.  So far I have about 300 eps on tape.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2003, 10:09:20 AM »
Looks like another meeting of DSA!  [Dark Shadows Anonymousse]

Hi, My Name is Ringo, and I am a Dark Shadows fanatic.

[DSA members shout:  High, Ringo!]

[Ringo replies:  How can you tell?]

I tape from Sci-fi, and have a cabinet full of tapes, all pretty well documented, with 'notes-to-self' about esp. fave episodes, ie: a flash of panties, Ben burns Angie [good burn Ben!] or the occasional missed ep. to try to catch next time thru.  The wifey threatens to clean out the collection every now and then [but she can be replaced!]  I will probably go over to DVD sometime, or actually there is gonna be a new product on the market in a few years that will store something like a hundred hours of video on something about the size of a disc-ette [and of course we will all get to buy new hardware and product again.......Capitalism, don't ya love it!]  So who knows, Richard Nixon?  Something I hate about the sci-fi tapes are the logos, and promo stuff they stick in the corners [remember the 'blow torch' thing a while back?]  So yeah, I am a taper, collector, fanatic,  er what was the question?

Wait a minute, this important message just got delivered by  flying squirrel:

Bullwinkle is a dope!

[not that message...................this message: I gotta go to bed!]

cheers,
and welcome suki,
Ringo

[jester]

ps:  ooh yeah, Birdy, hiding the tapes is one of the first signs....
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!