Author Topic: Thank God for DS in N.E.  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Afan

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
Re: Thank God for DS in N.E.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2003, 04:05:04 AM »
Please send a snowball at least to sunny Georgia.  It is usually in the 30's in the winter, but very little snow. When we get hit, it is with a MAJOR icestorm that sends us all into a tizzy.  Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2003, 11:40:44 AM »

Cassandra...  [wavey]

He never went!  Each weekend it kept getting postponed because of weather conditions -- all the way up to Thanksgiving.  Since they don't do the rides after Thanksgiving, he now has to wait until Spring.

Oy vey...

He never went??  Well at least this was a relief for you. Maybe by the Springtime, he'll forget all about it! (you hope) ;-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2003, 01:25:16 PM »
East Windsor that sounds familar is that anywhere near Flemington?  My sister lives there.

Hmm...not real close.  About 45 minutes away I think.  

I hate Laura too!!  Burn, baby, burn...

Ah.....she's gone.  What a relief.  Phew!
(Don't think I've ever been so bored by anybody in my life)  LOL

Connie

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2003, 01:30:32 PM »
He never went??  Well at least this was a relief for you. Maybe by the Springtime, he'll forget all about it! (you hope) ;-)

LOL - not a chance.  He never forgets about anything.
(except me, on occasion)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2003, 07:09:39 PM »
Just have to say thank goodness for DS it has been a saving grace this week.  Can you believe it has snowed everyday!  I am seeing white everywhere.  Birdie--living in a winter wonderland looks pretty but would rather be some place warm

Yes, isn't it something?  The last time we had this much snow was the winter of 95/96, which was even worse.  One good thing about renting as opposed to owning is that you don't have to shovel snow; at least I don't (she says with glee!!)

But the snow is very pretty.  Yesterday I had a day off from work and took a nice long walk to the Old North Bridge (of first shot fame), which was white and lovely and not cold at all.  And would you believe I was the ONLY one there?  Just some ducks by the frozen rivers edge and me.  Wish I had brought my camera!

Yes, it was also nice seeing the evil Laura perish in flame.  That "aging" makeup was quite awful though.  Love Angelique's green gown, although in 1897 it would have been more than 10 years out of style.  

Warm shadows to everyone!  [wavey]

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2003, 08:32:43 PM »
Please send a snowball at least to sunny Georgia.  It is usually in the 30's in the winter, but very little snow. When we get hit, it is with a MAJOR icestorm that sends us all into a tizzy.  Afan

Are you crazy, AFAN?  Let'em keep that white crappola!  The winter of '79 I was living in Virginia, and in a two week period, I was [a]  rear-ended [in my car] by a station wagon full of nuns, who got out and promptly started giving me 'pamphlets' to make everything alright slid sideways into a schoolbus full of kids and [c] did a complete 360 on the freeway in a 4-wheel drive vehicle [before they called them Satan's Utility Vehicles]  I wasn't driving, and the guy who was kinda freaked, made me drive, and I put the Jeep in the ditch - twice - before we got home, 5 hours and two tow truck bills later!  I decided that night to move to where 'winter' was scraping my windshield twice a year, the high forties was a winter blast, and a heavy frost paralyzed the city!  Its 51 here right now - where's my fuzzy houseshoes???

Snow -schmoe! [unless TLATKLS keeps my toes warm!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2003, 09:00:08 PM »
Are you crazy, AFAN?  Let'em keep that white crappola!  The winter of '79 I was living in Virginia, and in a two week period, I was [a]  rear-ended [in my car] by a station wagon full of nuns, who got out and promptly started giving me 'pamphlets' to make everything alright slid sideways into a schoolbus full of kids and [c] did a complete 360 on the freeway in a 4-wheel drive vehicle [before they called them Satan's Utility Vehicles]  I wasn't driving, and the guy who was kinda freaked, made me drive, and I put the Jeep in the ditch - twice - before we got home, 5 hours and two tow truck bills later!  I decided that night to move to where 'winter' was scraping my windshield twice a year, the high forties was a winter blast, and a heavy frost paralyzed the city!  Its 51 here right now - where's my fuzzy houseshoes??? Snow -schmoe! [unless TLATKLS keeps my toes warm!]

WOW! You gave an accurate description of life in the Northeast. The older I get, the more I hate it--and I was born and raised in upstate NY.  It isn't funny when you're left without power for hours(sometimes days) because a car hit a power pole or an icy limb fell on the wires.
I'm hoping that as soon our daughter graduates from college some day, we'll be able to hit the road for Sin/Sun City Vegas!!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2003, 09:04:34 PM »
But the snow is very pretty.

Just one question...

What's snow?

:::ducking for cover:::

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2003, 09:10:26 PM »
Nobody has lived until they have done a complete spin around on the street or driveway {this morning} and lived to tell.  You wonder why I am nuts, I have two college kids driving in this crap.  

Hey, anyone interested in a sledding party in my back yard!  Just watch out for the pool.  Hot coco and brandy will be offered.  

Midnite, we would be happy to introduce you to snow.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Nancy

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2003, 09:33:59 PM »
Nobody has lived until they have done a complete spin around on the street or driveway {this morning} and lived to tell.  You wonder why I am nuts, I have two college kids driving in this crap.  

Birdie

Biridie, I imagine you would be horrified to know that I actually love  going into an empty parking and deliberately spinning the car on the slick surface . . driving then hitting the brake suddenly.

Of course, there is lot less to fear in an empty parking lot when you are doing some silly stunt deliberately as opposed to doing the stunt unintentionally and with other cars and trees nearby.

Nancy

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2003, 09:35:05 PM »

I'm closer than Connie  :P (I'm 5 minutes away, down Rte 130)
(notice Patti...telling a stranger where she lives)

snowdaze

Not a stranger -  Franimal from the DS Forum  ;)  

I'm between 33 & 130 - or actually between the Hightstown fire dept and 130.  Along that road - am I good with directions or what :P

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2003, 09:53:03 PM »

Just one question...

What's snow?

:::ducking for cover:::

Midnite,
    Go to Disneyland and get on the ride "Its a Small World".  They have a sweet and corny version of snow complete with squeeky electronic Eskimo children.  When you exit the ride, you step back into beautiful California weather.  From a former California girl who now lives in Maine.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2003, 10:40:14 PM »
Birdie, I imagine you would be horrified to know that I actually love  going into an empty parking and deliberately spinning the car on the slick surface . . driving then hitting the brake suddenly.
Of course, there is lot less to fear in an empty parking lot when you are doing some silly stunt deliberately as opposed to doing the stunt unintentionally and with other cars and trees nearby. Nancy
Would you believe that is exactly how my father taught me when he was explaining the "turn the wheel into a skid" lesson.  Empty parking lots were excellent on learning how to control & steer a car on ice & snow. Either that or head toward a snowbank!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2003, 12:05:06 AM »
Carol Wrote:

I'm hoping that as soon our daughter graduates from college some day, we'll be able to hit the road for Sin/Sun City Vegas!!

I hear ya Carol!!!  Im sick of this white crap! Not to mention that black ice that you got to watch out for too! The snow may look pretty when it first comes down but give me the Spring flowers anyday!! They are a heck of alot prettier for me to look at!!

Yes, Las Vegas sounds good,  no humidity!!! [thumb] and dry heat & sun!  Sounds like heaven to me! :-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2003, 02:59:02 AM »
I'm sorry, I get carried away sometimes.  I know that some of you folks get too much snow.  I guess the snow just looks brighter on the "other side".  Have always wanted to be snowed in in a cozy place with warm fire and a hot toddy.  We have had to take refuge with others when we lost power because of the severe ice storms we sometimes get.  They are pretty to look at but deadly.  Snow seems so much more friendly.  Oh, well guess I belong in the west wing away from all "normal folk" who do not like snow.  Forget sending the snowball.  Love Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan