Author Topic: Thank God for DS in N.E.  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Thank God for DS in N.E.
« on: January 09, 2003, 04:26:07 AM »
Just have to say thank goodness for DS it has been a saving grace this week.  Can you believe it has snowed everyday!  I am seeing white everywhere.  My poor son home on semester break has become one with the shovel.  Bob, a girl at school told him he looked like Ben Affleck , do you think J. Lo would be interested. hehe.  Of course, I don't know if the girl was sober.  

I loved todays second episode.  It was so rewarding seeing Dirk lying there speechless and not mauling someone.  Glad to see Laura get a nice surprise, first the Barnster than Angie.  Barnabas was in great form today too.  

Thanks for letting me vent.  I guess I can gear up for yet more snow tomorrow.

Birdie--living in a winter wonderland looks pretty but would rather be some place warm
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Thank God for DS in N.E.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 04:33:10 AM »
Just have to say thank goodness for DS it has been a saving grace this week.  Can you believe it has snowed everyday!  

Birdie--living in a winter wonderland looks pretty but would rather be some place warm

[size=36]AMEN[/size]

Patti...who's also sickof cleaning off the car (h-e-l-l-o? I've gotta lug a baby/baby bag, etc, etc!!)

What a Woman!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 05:18:33 AM »
Im sick of ICE we have about 2 inches of snow and 4 inches of ICE!
i love DS at it's new time my daughter goes to school at 7;30 am my son at 8:30 so i pop in a tape and come home to it at 9:00am. at 11 am i was always forgetting to tape it!! How many more days until the awful Amanda
ICK..........now she is as bad as ICE!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 07:15:01 AM »
It can stay cold till May for all I care....but I've had enough of this "2-inches of snow on top of 1 inch of ice" crap.  Either snow enough to make them close the schools, or quit altogether so they stay open.  These 2-hour delayed openings just blow the whole day to hell!!

I'm also heartily sick of having to chase the demented Siberian around the yard, trying to get her back in the house, because 11 is just too damned old to be romping in the snow like a puppy!!

>:(  Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2003, 07:57:11 AM »
We have no snow on the ground in a state noted for lots of snow (and extremely cold weather -- but it's also been in the 50s the last couple of days!

Can't last for long, though.  Am trying to brace myself for an Arctic blast.

March is a great month for blizzards.

I liked how in Mark Rainey's online novel how he realistically included snow in the story.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Connie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2003, 09:40:48 AM »
Ya know, we've been getting quite a bit of snow (at least for central Jersey), but it doesn't stick around -- just keeps melting and turning everything into a muddy mess.

Barnabas was in great form today too.

I thought he was too - particularly with Laura (God, I can't stand her).  He seems to really get into the scenes where he's playing one-upmanship with somebody.

I'm also heartily sick of having to chase the demented Siberian around the yard, trying to get her back in the house, because 11 is just too damned old to be romping in the snow like a puppy!!

YEAH!!  I am ALSO sick of having to chase the demented husband around the yard, trying to get him back into the house, and into some clothes.  Because 50 is just too damned old to be romping naked in the mud!!

-CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 11:27:46 AM »
Birdie Wrote:
Can you believe it has snowed everyday!  I am seeing white everywhere.  

Birdie, Im with you on this!  Last Winter we had only one day of snow but it's sure making up for it this year!! Im sick of shoveling it, cleaning off the car, trying to walk in it and just plain sick of seeing it!!   And don't you just love how they portray snow on TV shows?  Everyone's walking around in it like they're on cloud nine without a care in the world.  And speaking of JLO, did you see her new music video yet? She's walking around in the snow wearing high heel boots with a mini skirt on!  If that were me I'd be flat on my you know what in no time!

YEAH!!  I am ALSO sick of having to chase the demented husband around the yard, trying to get him back into the house, and into some clothes.  Because 50 is just too damned old to be romping naked in the mud!!

LOL!!  Connie, I guess if he could survive a Hot Air Balloon ride he can survive anything! ;-)  Hey, what ever happened with that anyway?  You never said anything about it after that and I was wondering if he liked it?

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »
LOL!!  Connie, I guess if he could survive a Hot Air Balloon ride he can survive anything! ;-)  Hey, what ever happened with that anyway?  You never said anything about it after that and I was wondering if he liked it?

Cassandra...  [wavey]

He never went!  Each weekend it kept getting postponed because of weather conditions -- all the way up to Thanksgiving.  Since they don't do the rides after Thanksgiving, he now has to wait until Spring.

Oy vey...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2003, 07:34:37 PM »
Connie dear, I'm screaming at the thought of your husband romping naked out in the snow in the back yard!  My dear, whatever will the neighbors think?  

Jennifer, I think we need to build a roaring fire and invite Chris Jennings over to huggle and snuggle!  Gothick's solution to a snowy winter's eve!

Raineypark, haven't you learned yet that some of us old dogs still think we're puppies in the bizarre inner recesses of our own minds.  Oh well, only 3 weeks to go till Imbolc.

Gothick

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2003, 08:13:07 PM »
Raineypark, haven't you learned yet that some of us old dogs still think we're puppies in the bizarre inner recesses of our own minds.  Oh well, only 3 weeks to go till Imbolc.

Well, my husband would be easier to CATCH than the lunatic bitch (in the canine sense....[lghy] ) who can still run like the wind....until she suddenly remembers she's OLD and collapses in a heap on the floor where, I assume, she dreams of Iditarod's never run.

Truthfully, I'm so terrified of loosing her I'm becoming obsessive about her health, which is actually pretty good for her advanced age......but still....she's my companion...........:-/

Imbolc!!!......Goddess....I've still got Yule objects all over the place.  BTW Steve, my Dorset Press Witch's Calendar has no listing in January for Lupercalia.  Should I sue?  ;)

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2003, 09:43:04 PM »

Jennifer, I think we need to build a roaring fire and invite Chris Jennings over to huggle and snuggle!  Gothick's solution to a snowy winter's eve!

Gothick

such thoughts steve and a perfect solution instead i have to go to work and hear The MDs ranting about the
new OR scheduling and how it affects their poor lives!
Get me a hot toddy!
Connie still laughing at the thought of your husband!!
Luckily he didn't fall Fancy calling 911!(and i hate Laura
too doen't she look a lot older than Quentin meow,meow!)
jennifer
to the mines of Cambridge now!! Logan and Tahti are too far are they????

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2003, 10:58:11 PM »
Ya know, we've been getting quite a bit of snow (at least for central Jersey), but it doesn't stick around -- just keeps melting and turning everything into a muddy mess.

-CLC

Hey Connie -  

Central Jersey????  Anywhere near East Windsor?  'Cause I just may have to get a look at that!!!!! :o

c'ya!

Franimal

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2003, 11:40:18 PM »

Hey Connie -  

Central Jersey????  Anywhere near East Windsor?  'Cause I just may have to get a look at that!!!!! :o

c'ya!

Franimal

I'm closer than Connie  :P (I'm 5 minutes away, down Rte 130)
(notice Patti...telling a stranger where she lives)

snowdaze
What a Woman!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2003, 12:59:50 AM »
East Windsor that sounds familar is that anywhere near Flemington?  My sister lives there.  

I hate Laura too!!  Burn, baby, burn...

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Connie

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2003, 01:06:22 AM »

Yep - maybe about 15 minutes.  Just go down 130 past the 3 farmers markets on your left, then take the turn-off for Rt. 33 and follow the signs for Mud Romping.

-CLC  ;)

Ya know what's sad?  I'd never be able to get him to do that in a million years!  What a bore.  [sleep]