Author Topic: Will Any Actress Agree To Do Grahame-Smith's Pride And Prejudice And Zombies?  (Read 802 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Not so far. Here's the latest:

Blake Lively passes on Pride And Prejudice And Zombies
Does anyone want to be in this thing?

Maybe more actresses than I'd imagined really are adverse to bastardizing a classic on film...

David

they can cast it in a heart beat with actors from all the cancelled soaps.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Maybe so. It will certainly be interesting to see who finally agrees to do the part because something tells me the producers aren't about to give up even if they have to cast a complete unknown.

David

Susan Lucci would do it, I bet. And she's hardly an unknown. She might be doing a few eps of Desperate Housewives.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Isn't Susan Lucci a bit old to play the part?  [hall2_wink]  They're looking for actresses in their 20s.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
I love the title.

[8_1_215] [8_1_215] [8_1_215] [8_1_215] [8_1_215]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

David

there are older supporting characters Susan can play. La Lucci is 64, but looks 40ish and is quite sexy still.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Of that I'm sure. But the topic is really about how they're having such a hard time casting the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett because the steady steam of actresses that they've offered it to have all turned it down.   [hall2_wink]  And without an Elizabeth, there pretty much is no movie, regardless of who else might want to appear in it in other roles.  [hall2_smiley]

David

I bet Kelly Monaco from GH or the actors who played Bianca/Greenlee/Kendal on AMC would jump to do it, and they all have built in fan bases.
Or Bella Heathcoate?

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
As an English teacher I probably shouldn't admit this, but that book put me to sleep. I'm sorry; there are whole chapters where NOTHING HAPPENS. I should say that I got into English because of a longstanding interest in knights and the Middle Ages. My love of the horror field also fed into that. I love books, the classics I mean, that have action and adventure. Many of the 19th Century novels were ponderous and a torture for me to get through, so my uninformed opinion would have to be that adding zombies can only help.

David

Everything is way cooler when they add zombies (or vampires)