Author Topic: Semi-OT.Alexandra Film Screening  (Read 539 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Semi-OT.Alexandra Film Screening
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »
sorry i didn't post the information about this sooner but it was sort of last minute...

last night i attended a screening of alexandra isles documentary film "hidden treasures" at the orchard house cafe in new york. alexandra was hosting.

the cafe atmosphere gave the event a casual, intimate feel. very good coffee. it was obviously attended by many close friends of alexandra's as she seemed very relaxed and familiar with those in attendance. several of those interviewed for the film...mainly metropolitan employees and benefactors...were also present. after the screening they got up spoke briefly then with alexandra took questions from the audience. i asked about the recent alexander mcqueen exhibit and all replied that it was a wonderful experience for the museum.

as for ms.isles she's still dreamy. taller than i recalled with excellent posture. the hair still vicki-lustous. she has a wonderful carriage and presence and comes across as a very interesting and engaged person. of course i wanted to ask her about the new film but under the circumstances it wouldn't have been appropriate.

i had seen the film a few months ago on PBS but watching it on the "big screen" with those involved present gave it a new vitality. it's actually quite inspiring. if one gets a chance please check it out.

a nice evening.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-OT.Alexandra Film Screening
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
So, have you come down from cloud 9?  [hall2_wink]  I know my encounter with her in NYC in 1979 is an experience I'll never forget.  [hall2_smiley]  She definitely has a commanding presence in person. It's a shame she doesn't attend the Fests. (But then there's no controlling what people might ask her, and it only takes one jerk...)

David

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
One way to solve that problem:
Make it known that anyone who asks about Von Bulow gets banned.
Period. End of story.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
Sadly, even that wouldn't stop some people.  [hall_sad]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
unfortunately you just know some creep would bring it up...

so mysterious tell me what were the circumstances around your encounter with alexandra? in 1979 she must have been GORGEOUS.

i've met her before at a film screening so last night i was not as discombobulated as one might expect. definitely a commanding presence and also i must add slightly aloof with those she does not know. although i have never brought up DS to her i get the feeling she somehow "senses" the presence of a fan. we must give off some sort of energy she picks up on.

still it was nice to see her.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
I was standing outside the Trafalgar Theatre in NYC waiting for it to open its doors to attend a play and who should pull up and get out of a cab but Alexandra and a male companion. I couldn't even tell you anything about the guy because as soon as I saw Alexandra, she was the only thing I saw. And she didn't have to use her DS fan radar on me because soon after she stepped out of the cab I whispered to the friend I was with (also a DS fan) something like "Oh my God, that's Alexandra Moltke!" - and apparently I said it a bit louder than I'd thought because at that point she looked right at me. But then, when you're getting out a cab and someone only a few feet away says your name like that, that might catch your attention.  [hall2_wink]  And as we all stood outside the theater for several minutes, I couldn't help but stare until I soon realized I was making her uncomfortable, so I stopped staring. And needless to say I didn't really speak to her or mention DS (as much as I was dying to) because I didn't want to make her even more uncomfortable.